Norwegian Star

SweetpeaOne

Hello everyone. I just signed up to this site. My husband and I are booked on the Norwegian Star to go to Alaska in July. I was wondering if someone who has been on that ship could tell us about it. The good/bad, what to do, what to see on the excursions? Also my husband is dying to hear about the sushi bar.....

I'm looking to sail her early next year to Mexican Riviera. Lot's to be found on the boards and I started a thread for STAR tips that I think is on the 2nd page now. Just search a few pages and you'll find it and much more.

Also, I 'd suggest going to the Ports of Call boards to read about where you're going and what there is to do. And there may be a Roll Call for your sailing you can check out too. A Roll Call is other people on the same sailing. You can find these boards from the main board.

Welcome to the boards.:)

Just look for the threads that mention the Star and that's a good start. You can also try a search from the top right of the page. Type in Star and sift through those threads also.:)

I found the thread so thought I'd post it before it got too buried. Some great tips.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=534568

The main dining room is awesome (free no reservation), so is Endless Summer (free, but with reservation). You have to try the cold fruit soups. My favourite was the blueberry. It was like a milkshake, but you use a spoon. The Red Lion Pub is also great, but very smokey (I guess this is where all the smokers gather). Everything about the Star I loved.

Archived