Carnival Freedom..........Did you know...............

bubbles1209

Maybe I'm on these boards or on the internet too much about cruising these days anymore, but I like to look at the different webcams every day, and travel vicariously until our next cruise. Today, I clicked on the webcam for the Carnival Freedom, :eek: and it was nighttime, in what was our afternoon. So.........tonight, I'm looking at the webcam for Freedom, and it is daybreak in the port of Athens, Greece right now. http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Promos/freedom/default.aspx?wt.mc_id=HcruiseclicksFreedom07# I have to see that one from here, because I won't be able to see it in person anytime soon. Anyone else been watching different ports they can't do yet via the webcams........:eek: or am I totally cruise obsessed?:eek:

I look at the webcams for Liberty,Valor and freedom everday too:p I can't help it!

Whew..................I'm not alone:p Cruising does spoil ya big time:p Gotta admit though, I'm never up early enough when we do cruise to see daybreak from the ship, it's kinda cool to be able to see daybreak on a ship at night, when I'm wide awake:p

I'm right there with ya. But we are sailing the Valor in 9 days... Watched her sail away from St. Thomas two days ago and was looking at the cam in the port of St. Maarten yesterday. In a week and a half, we'll be seeing it in person.

I'm right there with ya. But we are sailing the Valor in 9 days... Watched her sail away from St. Thomas two days ago and was looking at the cam in the port of St. Maarten yesterday. In a week and a half, we'll be seeing it in person.

You are sailing one day after us!

I'll be seeing those same ports on Valor in 64 (yep, after mid-night now) more days:D

Maybe I'm on these boards or on the internet too much about cruising these days anymore, but I like to look at the different webcams every day, and travel vicariously until our next cruise. Today, I clicked on the webcam for the Carnival Freedom, :eek: and it was nighttime, in what was our afternoon. So.........tonight, I'm looking at the webcam for Freedom, and it is daybreak in the port of Athens, Greece right now. http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Promos/freedom/default.aspx?wt.mc_id=HcruiseclicksFreedom07# I have to see that one from here, because I won't be able to see it in person anytime soon. Anyone else been watching different ports they can't do yet via the webcams........:eek: or am I totally cruise obsessed?:eek:

LOL, I can beat that......in addition to me watching the port or ship webcams, I'm watching (in the daytime) the eaglets in the nest at the Norfolk Botanical Garden.....now THAT'S obsessive.....:D

Ah crap....I clicked the link....NOW I'm obsessed.....thanks... :p ;) lol

LOL I can tell you why it is dark there on the Freedom while it is daylight here! There is a 5 to 6 hour time difference! How do i know this? I was there two weeks ago! 5 hours in Italy and Rhodes, 6 hours in Izmir and Istanbul! It take 10 hours to fly from Philly to Rome and 9 hours to fly from Zurich Switzerland to Chicago! Man did I rack up the FF miles! Little hint for those going soon... If you fly back on Swiss Air, your carry on luggage can not weigh over 7 kilo's (14 pounds US). And they are not very nice when you tell them it doesn't say that on their website!:mad:

Alice Faye

I, too, am obessed with the webcams and the port-cams. I frequently check out the islands in the South Pacific. Has anyone else been looking at Bora Bora, Tahiti, and Moorea? It's absolutely beautiful there every time I look....

Glama-

Like you, I am stuck at home with cold temps, lots of rain, just finished the dishes and have laundry going right now. Next on the list is to give my 3yr old daughter her bath and put her to bed.....where is a cruise when I need one? Ahhh, yes, it's 70 days away....and another one after that which is currently 595 days away. At least I have some on the horizon, huh? I shouldn't complain, I guess. :o

Happy Cruising everyone!

I too look at the web cams. I know this is a Carnival thread but I love the web cams for Celebrity. www.celebrityatsea.com When you click on the webcam you can go to the archives and see it every hour. I especially love it when they are in Alaska. I have see the glaciers calving and I have even seen a whale.

Until I can visit all the beautiful places I too will have to settle for the webcams.

Linda

hey fellow cruisers, how do you get to see these webcams or port cams...whatever you all call them....i want to look too but don`t know how... HELP!!

WHAT IS THE WEBSITES?? i need afix.. quickly.... 6 more months till i cruise again!

Thanks!

Go onto carnival.com and click on funships and select carnival liberty, carnival valor and carnival freedom. Then look for the box that says live webcam, usually on the right hand side of the screen towards the bottom. I added all three to my favorites so I can click on them and look where the ships are all the time. I not going on another cruise til September 15th, so I have to keep looking at the web cam views everyday until I get on the ship!

Archived