Book on board question

jajohnson

While on board is it possible to book two future cruises, with the intention of letting a friend use one of them to take advantage of the deal? We will be on the Grand in November and want to book for the Carribbean Princess in Oct 2005. We would use one booking and let some friends accompanying us use the other.

Jajohnson..

No you can't book an open and then later put someone elses name on it. You could book it for them at the same time you book your onw with their names on it, a more efficient manner of doing so would be a share the wealth coupon which you normally get with YOUR open booking that allows them all the same perks as your own cruise.. and no deposit at need at the time to do it, when they book later they put the deposit down themselves.

Is it possible to book more than one future cruise for YOURSELF? If so, is there a limit? Two or three, say? We find we are cruising twice a year the last couple of years. Cheap ones, mind you, but the lower deposit and onboard credit help make this feasible.

As far as I know, there is no limit on the amount of onboard bookings you make for yourself. We have made as many as three at one time in the past. They are especially great if you are looking into a back to back cruise, the deposits can be very pricey on these and this way you aren't tieing up so many $$$$ for so long.

Good move Largin, we now consider our previous 2 to be too few.. we are moving up to 3 or 4, wish they were transferable to friends, not a week goes by when it wouldn't be nice to "sell" one to someone for what I paid.

Steve,

Will you also explain to everyone how it works to split your deposit on separate cruises without having to initially put down extra money. I recently did this and I know when I actually booked both cruises we put down the additional $100 on each cruise at that time. That way we essentially got two cruises for the same deposits. I know how it works, just have a hard time explaining it. I know a ot of people don't know how this works and you explain it well.

Thanks!

okie dokie..

Instead of putting down $100 each for two people DH and DW for instance.. or $200 for ONE booking.

You put down $100 on a booking for DH... with the second person TBA (to be announced) this gets open booking number one.

Then you put down $100 on a booking for DW... with the second person TBA (to be announced) this gets open booking number two.

The same method applies to putting both bookings in one name or any number beyond two bookings.

When you actually pick a ship, date, cabin or category and do or don't choose a TA (they usually send the booking # to the one you originally booked with) THEN at that time, you add the second $100 for the TBA person and they also get the low deposit, OBC (on board credit) that you do.

I think that is a great benefit and had no idea that could be done until you explained it several months ago. It really deserves a thread of it's own. For anyone booking an "open future cruise," this is really the only way to go.

Well, once again work interferes with these boards. Must go to a meeting. See you all later.

Archived