Lunch on Embarkation Day

sirdavid

Tried to do search, but got "White Page."

Does the Princess Grill serve lunch on embarkation day.

Thank you

Hi,

I dont think they do, but we ate in "kings court " (self service) on Embarkation day.

regards,

Gavin :cool:

• 1 month later...
Is room service available? What about pub lunch in the Golden Lion? Is afternoon tea served in the Queen's room? I'd rather avoid Kings Court!

We had an embarkation day menu in our room (Caronia), dont know about the other places.

Sorry Peter, from memory I think it's King's Court or starve;).

Uh-oh......lets see how hungry Miriam "we don't do buffets" gets.....mind you might be worth it just to see Matthew 'doing buffet'.....;)

Uh-oh......lets see how hungry Miriam "we don't do buffets" gets.....mind you might be worth it just to see Matthew 'doing buffet'.....;)

Kings Court it was Peter...and a bit chaotic with the hectic boarding problems we had. Not the best introduction to the ship unfortunately but we managed and dinner more than made up for it.

You will get photos of Matthew going through the buffet line....please? Pretty please? There are some of us here who might make that photo worth your while!!;)

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

You will get photos of Matthew going through the buffet line....please? Pretty please? There are some of us here who might make that photo worth your while!!;)

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

I have been forewarned.....

Matthew

Peter,

You forget that I'm being upgraded to 10.003 at the pier. I'll have lunch in the Queens' Grill.

Matthew

You forget that I'm being upgraded to 10.003 at the pier.

Lets hope Cunard haven't forgotten as well!

On this basis, I expect you will turn down any upgrade below QG?

As George Bernard Shaw observed "Madam, we have already established what you are, we are merely haggling over the price....."

Peter

Phtotos of him brown-bagging it would be equally revealing!

Of course, no begging photos... Please!

Karie,

(see reference re: begging on other thread)

Brown-bagging? Can you explain?

Matthew

Matthew

Oh sorry!

You probably have a different term for it "over there"

It's when you bring your own food on board. Like the immigrants usually did- Some stale bread and a hunk of musty cheese, ,aybe a large salami tucked under your am... I hear they usually tucked a bottle of Pol Acker in with it! (oops there goes that language again!)

comes from people taking lunch to school or work in a brown paper bag.

Although, in your case, Matthew, I expect you would take it in a Brown Gucci paper bag. Or perhaps a Harrod's bag! <G>

Karie,

hungry tongue very much in cheek!

Matthew

Although I'm not Karie, brown-bagging is when you pack whatever you'd like to eat, usually taken to work for lunch, into a brown paper bag. I did it for years before I retired.

And it's called "brown bagging" because you can buy little, properly-sized brown paper bags here, made to pack a lunch in. Some might find them quaint, I think they're perfect for their intent.

BTW, I almost always brown-bag it for work, though usually not ina brown bag. I usually take a small insulated lunch bag.

How do you think I can afford these great cruises?

It's all the money I save not eating lunches out every day!

Karie,

frugal, but not starved!

BTW, I almost always brown-bag it for work, though usually not ina brown bag. I usually take a small insulated lunch bag.

How do you think I can afford these great cruises?

It's all the money I save not eating lunches out every day!

Karie,

frugal, but not starved!

Same here - my lunches for a week tend to cost less than what others pay per day (& some buy breakfast and lunch from the visiting 'sandwich man')

the other bonus of course is I am not tempted by those bacon with mayo sarnies, which helps in the never-ending battle with my weight:D (he does cakes & buns with lots of sugar on too :eek: - in our office you quickly learn not to visit the kitchen for a coffee when the sandwich man is in residence:D)

Back to topic - I actually have never eaten lunch on board on embarkation day - I live 4 or 5 miles from the port, so the leftovers from the fridge do for my lunch:D

Karen

Archived