Canada in June

I'm thinking of taking the Canada cruise in June and was wondering if anyone else had taken this in the past. Was it cold? Were you able to swim in the pools? We would be taking 3 children and swimming is important to them. Any advise you could give would be appreciated.

Depends on where in Canada.... the country is only the second largest country in the world. If you are planning on going swimming up in Prince Rupert, my guess is that it would be damn cold. If you are planning on going swimming in the Baie de Chaleur, it will probably be warm.

I haven't been on a cruise to Canada (mainly because I live here.) But the public pools are open in June. I don't know if that means that the temperate is warm enough by American standards. We start to wear our shorts when it gets to 15c. Daytime averages in Montreal for June are 23.6c during the day and 12.7c in the evening.

Halifax generally is a bit cooler because it's on the ocean. If you want a complete run down of averages for Canadian cities, go to Canadian Climate Normals or Averages 1971-2000. Though, I have to say that we have been averaging higher in the last few years and this data is only until 2000.

Now, if you were coming to Montreal in July, I would be telling you that I hope your car has air conditioning, because it's going to be HOT. Generally, I turn on the central air in the house from May till about September.

I don't know how much this has helped. Since I haven't been on a cruise in Canada. Good luck.

We did the Canada cruise from NY the first week in August.

It was breezy at sea - the pools were full but very few sunbathers were up on the Spa deck or Sun deck because it was chilly up there. The dome was pulled open over the pool.

If you walked down to the lower decks, the bottom of the ship was in the fog - there was only sun at the top!

In Halifax and St. John, we were in short sleeves and shorts during the day and very comfortable.

If it was chilly at sea in August, I'd say there's a good chance it'll be chilly in June.

We're going back the first week in July, and I'm bringing sweaters & sweat shirts. I'm expecting chilly evenings

Archived