I did it! Booked the Wonder for 1/31/08!

Ellanora

I am so excited! This will be a birthday present for my son; he will be turning 11 on the day we sail away. Now I just have to keep the secret for 9 months. :p My son has only been on one cruise so far, Carnival's Sensation, and loved it. He has been begging for a Disney Cruise since then.

I booked an inside guarantee, and requested early dining, although I do not know what the dining times are, and really, either would be fine. I'm really looking forward to trying the Disney dining rooms - they look awesome on the Travel channel Disney cruise special. I assume Disney has room service? My son loved ordering hot chocolate and a ham sandwich at midnight.

One of the best things about this cruise, for me, is that it will be our first experience with a private island. I have been trying to find descriptions in the reviews of everyone's days at Castaway Cay. If anyone has any tips as to the best things for he and I to do together there, that would be great!

that is great, your in for a very Magical cruise!!!

Yes they have room service. You can order warm cookies late in the evemimg and Mickey bars which are not on the menu, but they do have them!!!

Also they have hot chocolate mix at the drink station on deck 9. It is free, just add the hot water there and stir. it is open 24 hours a day.

As an added surprize for your son or for yourself you can take a couple of white pillowcases, wash and iron them. Put them in a zip lock baggie with some waterproof markers such as sharpies. I always include a card with my name and room number in it too.

You take this the first day to the guest services desk and ask for it to be autographed and the last night of the cruise it will be delivered to your state room all autographed.

If your son has a favorite characters you can request only that signature or you can ask for all the characters they can do and get lots of them. Then he can use this on his pillow as a reminder of his cruise.

You could probably print Happy Birthday on it ahead of time too.

This is free. But they do request you drop it off the first day so they have time to get this done before the end of the cruise. Light colors like yellpw or pink dont how up as well, but all the others work great.

If you want to have a special Happy Birthday gift basket waiting in the room him as a surprize DCL offers some and also The Perfect Gift has a contract to deliver gift baskets to the rooms on dcl. I am NOT promoting one over the other both are good. But the perfect gift will work with you to customize a basket just for him. you need to tell Shirley what he likes and she will take good care of you,

I think it is www.theperfectgift.com I know her e-mail is snelsonbrown@aol.com 1-800-950-5559.

Also check your Navigator on pirate day because they will have a photo session with Captain Jack Sparrow. it is a great photo and many wear some pirate clothes which really looks great in the photo.

His lines ge tlong fast so arrive early and you wont be an hour in line.

also check your navigator for you day on CC. It iwll have a time listed where characters and Captain Jack will be along the way to the beach for photos. This is a great time for photos. The lines are short and move quickly, often there is NO line.

The photo there with Capt Jack will have the Flying Dutchman behind you, great photo. He is there for about 45 minutes twice and that is it, so watch for the times. To see him you must WALK in , NOT ride the tram.

it is a nice walk to the beach for all ages.

If you like to ride bikes, rent them on CC and go on the newest bike trail where the observation tower is. It has a great view and a couple of whimsical things set up to see that you can only see from the tower.

One thing is an outhouse with storks in it , the other is a tandem bike being riden by storks.

Grouper game room has something for all ages. Giant connect four for younger kids, giant chess and checkers set, hoops, shufleboard, pool and more.

Oh be sure and tell whom ever you booked through that your son is celebrating a birthday and then double check with your head server about this and they will bring him a birthday cake one evening and sing to him in the dining room, and sometimes they have a birthday button they give him to wear around the ship. Free of charge.

If he is old enough ( you didnt give an age) they will have a kite making class for families to make a small kite the day before you arrive at castaway Cay. They are simple ones that fold down to fit in luggage and kids love to decorate them. Then they can fly them the next day on CC. Thus is also free.

Just check your Navigator for the place and time as it is only offered once.

mom x4,grandma x4

Wow, thanks so much. That is all great information. I had no idea about the pillowcases, that's pretty cool.

He will definitely want a picture with Captain Jack Sparrow, so we will be sure to check the times and be on the look out!

He will be 11 on the day we set sail, and he loves to fly kites, so that sounds like a winner. I'm especially happy to hear about family events like that; my son and I travel alone, so I like to be sure there is plenty for us to do together, although I'm sure he will want to spend some time in the kid's club area as well. Perhaps I should look into a spa treatment for that time ;) .

Thanks again!

There are plenty of family events you can do together in Studio Sea.

That is a family night club that will be filled with events to do as a family, from dances, to karoake, to game shows, and much more.

Plus stuff in the club so you can have some relaxation too.

Be sure and catch the shows in the evening, they are great!!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Your son is definatly one lucky child to have a mom like you! I think you guys will have a great time. As to the Castaway Cay situation; its amazing! There are no crazy locals, the food is all ready paid for, and its the most beautiful place on earth.(No I'm not lieing)

As to the Castaway Cay situation; its amazing! There are no crazy locals, the food is all ready paid for, and its the most beautiful place on earth.(No I'm not lieing)

Thanks! I can't wait, it sounds fantastic. I have been to Nassau a couple times already, and have decided to treat that as a sea day and enjoy the ship. Castaway Cay will be our beach/explore/excursion day, and it sounds like just the most wonderful fun.

Archived