Any interest in CC group cruise out of NY in 08?

cathyoo

I've been trying to find a CC cruise out of NY. Not having any luck so thought maybe I would get on the bandwagon and see if there is any interest. I'm partial to Oct of 08 but would definitely go with the majority for any time in 08.

I'm also partial to the intinerary of New York, NY ; San Juan, Puerto Rico ; St. Thomas, USVI ; Tortola, BVI ; New York, NY. But again if there is a lot of interest in the Canadian itinerary that would be fine.

Hoping there others like me would want to lose the cost and inconvenience of flying to their port.

I've been trying to find a CC cruise out of NY. Not having any luck so thought maybe I would get on the bandwagon and see if there is any interest. I'm partial to Oct of 08 but would definitely go with the majority for any time in 08.

I'm also partial to the intinerary of New York, NY ; San Juan, Puerto Rico ; St. Thomas, USVI ; Tortola, BVI ; New York, NY. But again if there is a lot of interest in the Canadian itinerary that would be fine.

Hoping there others like me would want to lose the cost and inconvenience of flying to their port.

Hey Cathy.. Hope all is well with you and family:) I know that Anna (CruisefromNY) was trying to put together a group cruise from NY for Oct 08 here is her original thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=533648

We were thinking about it.. still way too early for us to decide right now tho.

Hi Cathy....just putting my pics in an album and thinking it's time for another cruise to look forward to! Can't say that too loud because we do have the QM2 coming up in September:o .

A cruise from NY with the itinerary you mentioned might be of interest. MY DH is retiring in 10 days :eek: and we do plan to relocate, but who knows how long it will take us to get motivated to put our house on the market.:confused: If DH didn't want to go Sue might be interested and maybe some of the nurses at work. October is good because it means not too many kidlets and of course NYC would be wonderful for us. I'll watch to see what you come up with and we'll go from there.

Regards to your family. Hope your Mom is still doing well.

Hi Kelly, thanks for the tip. It doesn't seem like there was much interest for the cruise from NY. I know it so far away. I'll be out of a job soon and need to have something planned to beat off the depression. Hope your family is doing well also.

Hey Mary, first and foremost CONGRATULATIONS to your DH. How wonderful. I would sure love to cruise with you again. My mom is doing well , thanks for the kind wishes. I tried to reply on the crud post but it was locked.

I thought there would be more CCers like me would love not to deal with airport aggravation. Guess we will see.

Hmm, I'd love to cruise with da Sistas and I still owe BigDoug and his wife a drink for the horrible transfer to the port. He was crammed into the back of the bus because our luggage was outrageous.

Hoping to get some interest. Bunkie have you ever sailed out of NY? If I get some local interest in this cruise I'd do a charter bus from Philly. With this miserable weather I really need a cruise to dream about. So where are you going on the QM2? Sept will be here before you know.

I would love a NY cruise but I'm limited to the week that contains Election Day-usually around the 1st Tuesday in Nov. I know a lot of schools in NJ are closed at that time so adults who want less crowded cruises may not want this week. Carnival, in the past, hasn't remained in NY this late in the season. I hope that will change. I'll follow this thread and who knows?

Hmm, I'd love to cruise with da Sistas and I still owe BigDoug and his wife a drink for the horrible transfer to the port. He was crammed into the back of the bus because our luggage was outrageous.

Hoping to get some interest. Bunkie have you ever sailed out of NY? If I get some local interest in this cruise I'd do a charter bus from Philly. With this miserable weather I really need a cruise to dream about. So where are you going on the QM2? Sept will be here before you know.

Hey, I'm here and definitely interested in a cruise from NY. The ride to the port was a lot of fun. I think we had the couple cruising on Costa scared.:eek:

I hope that your Mother is doing well.

Cruised out of NY on a CTN with my DD from Boston, and many years ago to Bermuda as a teenager. There is NOTHING like cruising out of NY especially for a native New Yorker like myself!

We are flying to Scotland and spending 10 days there (my Mother was born there) and then coming home on the QM2. Can't wait.

I've about had it with this weather too!

:mad:

Bunkie, my grandfather was born in Scotland. My maiden name is Lindsay although that doesn't sound Scottish to me. My mom is Irish Catholic. Boy was that a match made in Hell.

My mom worked nights and my father got us ready for school. On St Patrick's day he would dress us in orange and he didn't care whether the orange clothes fit or not. When we would get home from school my mother would have a fit. I guess that is one of the reasons the marriage lasted only 9 years.

I would love to see Scotland. Everyone who goes there is impressed with the beauty. My DH is dying to go on the QM2.

Cathy,

I am still interested in getting the 10/08/08 cruise off the ground. Bonnie and I have already been in contact so let me know!

Email me at acp416 at hotmail.com

Cathy,

I am still interested in getting the 10/08/08 cruise off the ground. Bonnie and I have already been in contact so let me know!

Email me at acp416 at hotmail.com

Okay, count me in.. probably for 6 (3 cabins) but once you get pricing I may be able to corral some more. Have you contacted Laura?

Going on my second cruise this fall leaving from the Northeast, would love to do another !

Hey JCKVPA0, Newton here! Where on the Cape are you?

Might be able to share a ride to the Big Apple if this gets off the ground :D Sailed out of Bayonne to Bermuda a few years ago and RCCL had a bus from South Station to NJ. Worked out well except for the stops in RI and CT.

would love one out of ny. But we are only able to go july/august.

To bad carnival does not go to bermuda during these months. Now that is a cruise I would book.

We are booked on the miracle this august from ny. Would not mind doing it again next summer!

Hey JCKVPA0, Newton here! Where on the Cape are you?

Might be able to share a ride to the Big Apple if this gets off the ground :D Sailed out of Bayonne to Bermuda a few years ago and RCCL had a bus from South Station to NJ. Worked out well except for the stops in RI and CT.

We're from Sandwich.

Funny my other sailing was out of Bayonne,(most god awful terminal) to Bermuda on RCCL !!!

If I can get a good flight I do prefer to do that. This fall we have a flight to N.Y. on Jet Blue for $50.00.

I also just stumbled on to this repo cruise out of Boston,(yes I said Boston!), http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do;jsessionid=0000Og_S0KeRzWuvvHkcIMiG_sq:10ktmeta1?cS=ADVSCH&duration=10&dest=ANY&date=20074&port=BOS&ship=JW&selectedCurrencyCode=USD&price=ANY&sortBy=1&cruiseTourOnly=false&x=18&y=3

I have been dying to do a cruise out of Boston but have not been able to find one with balconies until now. What I also love about this one is it goes south, if I want to go anymore north I get in my car & drive !

Cathyoo, BigDoug and Bunkie, I know you all gave me your email address when we were all on the VIP cruise but I did something to my PDA and lost them all :mad:

Please email to the address below. Still working on this cruise to NY....

Cathyoo, BigDoug and Bunkie, I know you all gave me your email address when we were all on the VIP cruise but I did something to my PDA and lost them all :mad:

Please email to the address below. Still working on this cruise to NY....

You've got mail

Yeah, what she said. Y'all got mail.:D

• 3 weeks later...
Well I booked the Miracle for next October. Anyone else booking? :D

Oct 8? Did this 'interest' thread evolve into an official group? Or is your booking just as an individual? Asking as I personally am interested in cruising from NYC in 08 but I've done Halifax twice so am thinking more along the lines of what the Miracle has to offer.

Oct 8? Did this 'interest' thread evolve into an official group? Or is your booking just as an individual? Asking as I personally am interested in cruising from NYC in 08 but I've done Halifax twice so am thinking more along the lines of what the Miracle has to offer.

Not a CC group cruise just some old friends getting together. It will be nice not to have to fly to catch a cruise!

I know you were on SS3 and changed to the Triumph so maybe we can meet on this one. Drop me a line sometime and we can chat :D

Archived