Johnny Rockets?

We will be leaving next week on sov.OS when you go to this place or others to eat on ship is the food prices included. i know you have to pay a cover charge at some of them, 1st time on Royal C. can someone fill me in please.

IN the line of food, what is and what's not covered. thanks

Johnny Rockets

Currently Royal Caribbean has Johnny Rocket diners on the following ships.

Voyager of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas

Mariner of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas

Majesty of the Seas

Freedom of the Seas

Liberty of the Seas

There is a cover charge of $3.95 per person regardless if you dine in or take out. Beverages such as soft drinks and shakes are extra. Those who dine in can order any amount of food. Take out orders are limited to one each of the following. Sandwich/burger, French Fries, Onion Rings and dessert per person/cover charge.

Crown and Anchor members receive one coupon per book for the $3.95 cover charge. Beverages are extra. The $3.95 cover charge does includes tip but you can tip an additonal amount if you like. The charge goes onto your Sea Pass card.

Johnny Rockets hours vary depending on embarkation day, sea day and port days. Check your Cruise Compass for hours each day.

The menu has basic items such as hamburgers, cheeseburgers, grilled ham and cheese, grilled chicken BLT, chili, chili dogs, hot dogs, chili fries, onion rings, apple pie ala mode, Oreo Sundae and shakes.

Since Dan Snyder owns Johnny Rockets now, don't be shocked if the price goes way up. Every company he has purchased, the price has gone way up right after he buys it.

Hopefully Royal Caribbean can keep the price where it is.

I know there has been mixed reviews about Johnny Rockets, but we really liked it. We were STARVING after returning from all day excursion in Ochos Rios with no lunch so we ate at about 4pm (we had late seating for dinner and yes we ate again at dinner :) ) As soon as we sat down the waiter came over with a big plate of onion rings and French fries with ranch dressing for dipping and said "Let me fix you up with some snacks while you look at the menu". We had two more refills after that :D We all had double burgers. We thought the food was very good, especially the onion rings. We had two of the Crown and Anchor coupons to waive the cover charge so it only cost about $10.00 for all 4 of us including a extra tip for the waiter.

Where we live there are a few J.R.'s. We're hooked, so it's a welcome sight for us on the RCI ships. Not all the food is as good as it would be in the real restaurants back at home, but mostly we find it be as good as we would expect on board. Apple Pie a la mode is incredible there.

when did johnny rockets start a charging a fee?

i was on VOS 8/05 and it was free

The fee was implemented fleet wide a few years back. My first cruise on the Navigator was back in 12/04 and the fee was in place on then for this particular ship. All ships now have the fee.

Archived