couple dining

cruisebugdave

my wife and i are doing the mediterrean cruise depoarting barcelona may 26...we are 48 & 43...we have no children.....our preference is to be at a dining table with 3 or 4 other couples without children...has anyone else ever requested this? is there a procedure to get this accomplished? we are not snobs, we love kids...we just prefer to dine with adults...hope to hear from people who have been in similar situations..thank you...dave

Dave,

we have cruised as a couple on DCL many times. They tend ot try to put couples with other couples when possible. Often we have one child and the rest adult. The best odds for adult only is to request late dining.

Most people with younger kids like early because the kids get tired and restless late.

If you are unhappy with your table mates after the first night I would ask the dining room manager if you could be seated with other couples. If there is room at a table he will be the one to change you.

He is usually by the main entrance by a desk with a phone and computer.

They are great about working with you if there is a problem.

That may mean changing your rotation.

Good luck,

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived