Hotel suggestions outside of New Orleans

crazycruzer68

There are probably no hotels within 15 min of the Quarter, your best bet would be either Kenner or Metarie, or you could go to Slidell, about 45 min out. Parking in the Quarter is tough. Try to park in one of the hotels.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pre-Katrina, we always stayed at the Holiday Inn in Slidell. It was safe and the rooms were reasonable.

I know it is open again, but I don't know about the safety factor??

• 3 weeks later...

I've stayed at many wonderful places in New Orleans (did post disaster work for about a year).

We stayed at a Marriot(extended stya type place) near Tchoptulious(sp) that was a bit away from Bourbon St. Our walk to Bourbon was about 10 blocks. The Embassy is on Julia....nice place but again a hike to Bourbon. (not alot to do when working ther LOL) I met Fats Domino there at the Embassy...he's adorable!! I digress....There is a Country Inn and Suites that is about 6 blocks from Bourbon...can't remember which street that was on.

My FAV place I've stayed there is on St Charles. One block from Canal and one block over from Bourbon St. Far enough from FQ but close enough to stumble back (which I did ALOT) LOL It's a Marriot (our co had a corp acct). The parking there is valet but I'm SURE if you called their front desk they can help with long term parking ideas....they are SOOO nice!! It's NOT far from the pier from what I understand. No pool there but as a guest at Courtyard, you are entitled to use the pool at the W...right next door. I never did but it is available. You can walk all over from there...to Jackson Square, Cafe Du Monde, K-Pauls resturant, Hard Rock Cafe, Coyote Ugly, Bubba Gump Shrimp Company....tons and tons to see.

If I were sailing out of NO, I would for SURE spend the day before (if that was the plan) and just walk around looking at stuff. It's an amazing city with so much history and it's really come together quite a bit since Katrina!!

Archived