New York

kgerkin

We are going on the Miracle July 6th 2007 out of New York. Originally we were going to drive my husbands SUV because of all of the luggage but he would rather not drive it. We live in Md. I went online and found a one way car rental that we could get round trip for the same price as parking at the pier.

The rental company is less than a mile from the pier. Our thoughts were to have my husband drop me and the kids off at the pier and then he would drop off the rental and take a cab to the pier. Now I'm wondering if we would be better off dropping the rental off at an airport and getting a shuttle.

Anyone have any experience with this or have any ideas?

We chose to rent a car primarily to avoid driving my husbands SUV. My car is too small for the 4 of us and our luggage and our SUV is getting up there in mileage. I was able to get a car rental for approx the same $ amnt as the parking fee....plus now I wont have to worry about driving our vehicle. The only hassle will be dropping off the rental at the car rental co.

When we get off the ship, my husband will take a cab to the car rental co and then come back and pick us up. That way we dont have to worry about dragging the luggage to the car rental co. I'm hoping he can get off first and I can stay onboard with the kids and luggage for a little while til he gets back. If not, I'll just stay in the terminal with the kids/luggage.

Now I just have to figure out the best driving directions. We went on a cruise out of Bayonne last year and the drive was a breeze. In Bayonne we left our vehicle there and it was very easy.

Gotcha, thanks. We're in Baltimore and DH and I are using Amtrak to NYC in December for the Noordam.

Enjoy your cruise!;)

We chose to rent a car primarily to avoid driving my husbands SUV. My car is too small for the 4 of us and our luggage and our SUV is getting up there in mileage. I was able to get a car rental for approx the same $ amnt as the parking fee.....

Archived