Over-the-Door-Organizer?????

RDMOREU

We will be in a SS on the Westerdam. I know we'll have a double sink. Is there a 'medicine cabinet'? (If so, how many shelves and approximate size?)

With all the bathroom-type clutter that 2 adults can accumulate, I was wondering if it would help our poor cabin steward if we brought one of those over-the-door-organizers to keep the bathroom a little tidier?

Thanks for any responses!

The organizer are wonderful. Keeps things handy and organized.

There will be at least two shelves....not all that big .....in the bathroom.

Because we have the dressing room w/ dressing table in the "S", my DH places his things in the bathroom and I put my things on the dressing table...which also has a sink. We'd have a hard time storing everything we use in the bathroom if we were both placing our things on those shelves.

I think this is a photo of an SS bathroom. Go to http://www.cruise-addicts.com, photo gallery, on the lower left side click on "list alphabetically" and choose from the list "Zuiderdam B2B sept 2003."

There's a shelf that runs under the double sinks. Lot's of storage, the bathroom is very large. Leave the organizer behind and use that extra space for shoes!

We have just returned from the Zaandam Alaskan Inside Passage Cruise. On the advice of others, I did take an over the door organizer. We had a Verandah cabin (BB) and after 3 or 4 days I just took it down and put it back in the suitcase. For the two of us, there was plenty of room for everything in the bathroom medicine chest. I did do my hair and make up over on the desk/vanity because it had great lighting and electrical outlets.

However, you know better than anyone how much space you will need.....

Have a wonderful cruise!!!!

Before our World Cruise a suggestion was made to take an over-the-door plastic shoe organizer...which I did. I won't cruise without one anymore! We hang it over the inside of the bathroom door and it sure helps to keep all my shoes organized and handy...particularly on a long cruise when I take so many pairs of shoes.

Before our World Cruise a suggestion was made to take an over-the-door plastic shoe organizer...which I did. I won't cruise without one anymore! We hang it over the inside of the bathroom door and it sure helps to keep all my shoes organized and handy...particularly on a long cruise when I take so many pairs of shoes.
:D You and my wife just might get along, she is nicknamed Emelda:D

I can't say enough about the "over the door shoe organizer". We have taking this with us on every cruise. We put the spare sunglass, glassses, camera,

film. brushes, curling irons,scarfs, gloves - basically all the stuff that would clutter the counter tops. We just hang it on the outside of the closet door and this way my husband who can't find anything - can see through the

clear plastic to find what he's looking for.

The bathrooms in S and SS's are identical:

Double sinks w/ a long deep shelf under the entire vanity which is approx 6 feet long (perfect for stowing your cosmetic/toiletry kits as well as your wet bathing attire)

There are two smallish angled and mirrored medicine cabinets flanking the main mirror w/ three shelves each - the space between shelves is just large enough for your travel-size contact lens solution bottles (@ 6-7" btw shelves)

The ledge around the jacuzzi tub has room for just a couple bottles of shampoo - the shower also has limited space for shampoos. I'd think that the glass partition between the shower and tub would be a perfect place to have a hooked suction cup to hang a mesh toiletry bag...

Dont worry about water/suds overflowing the tub - there is a drain in the floor under the sink area (I wish I had one of these at home - it would make cleaning the bathroom so much easier!!!)

Although the SS doesn't have the dressing area of the S suites, there is a second desk next to the sofa which can be used as a vanity (that's where the hairdryer is - inside a top drawer) w/ 5 other drawers.

Archived