RCCL Visa points

Anyone ever able to use them on a repo cruise?

I know the guidelines say Mexican Riveria or Caribbean, but would a caribbean repo count?

TIA,

Wendy

Wendy what do you want to use your points for? The discount off price is for any ship and any itinerary. Are you wanting to just upgrade? Sorry I'm not sure what your question means. Also onboard credit is for any cruise.

Judy

I'm sure the OP is referring to redeming points for either an upgraded cabin or free companion. Both those types of awards say they are for Caribbean or Mexican Rivera sailing only....

Wendy, I haven't ever tried to use the points for anything other than a Caribbean sailing, so I really don't know... Maybe someone else has had personal experience.

Yes, sorry, wjterry, I wasn't clear...

I'd like to know if anyone has been able to use the 125k points for a free cruise for 2 on a repo caribbean cruise.

As I read the guidelines, they say 5-7 night caribbean or mexican riveria cruise, so the logical side of me thinks my 10 Jewel repo from boston to miami wouldn't qualify, but hey, I might be wrong....

Thanks elleluv for your comments.

Wendy

I'd like to know what number to you call to even apply to use your points. I called the bank card number and they said you have to call RCCL. I called RCCL and they gave me another phone number to call and it was another phone number to the bank card, whose rep told me I needed to go online at RCCL and it should explain the process. Well, it doesn't - so if anyone knows I sure would appreciate the info.

Yes, sorry, wjterry, I wasn't clear...

I'd like to know if anyone has been able to use the 125k points for a free cruise for 2 on a repo caribbean cruise.

As I read the guidelines, they say 5-7 night caribbean or mexican riveria cruise, so the logical side of me thinks my 10 Jewel repo from boston to miami wouldn't qualify, but hey, I might be wrong....

Thanks elleluv for your comments.

Wendy

No problem, Wendy...

Why don't you call RCCL and see what they say... Worst case they'll tell you "no".... Nothing ventured, nothing gained... :D

I'd like to know what number to you call to even apply to use your points. I called the bank card number and they said you have to call RCCL. I called RCCL and they gave me another phone number to call and it was another phone number to the bank card, whose rep told me I needed to go online at RCCL and it should explain the process. Well, it doesn't - so if anyone knows I sure would appreciate the info.

You need to call RCCL to book your cruise....

Then call MBNA at 1-800-421-2110 to request your certificate. You need to be very specific with them about which award you want.

Once you get the certificate, you mail it in to RCCL at the address on the back to be applied to your reservation.

Hope that helps. :)

Archived