When is the Prisendam going into drydock?

Toad

It is my understanding that her 26-day Amazon cruise, which was to set sail from FLL on Nov. 24th, was cancelled and her dry dock scheduled for this time slot. We are booked on her for this year's 17-day holiday sailing and it will be interesting to see what, if any, noticeable changes have been made from when we were on her 14-day holiday cruise this past Dec.

Interesting ... they're spending a lot of money on the Prinsendam, keeping her up-to-date and operational with dry-docks and all. This bodes VERY WELL for them keeping her some time longer. :)

Maybe I'll get my chance to cruise aboard her!?

Perhaps you will, Greg. It would be good if you could, to round out your Holland America experience. She's a lovely ship, in a class by herself, and has an ambiance that's really quite different from the other ships.

Perhaps you will, Greg. It would be good if you could, to round out your Holland America experience. She's a lovely ship, in a class by herself, and has an ambiance that's really quite different from the other ships.

I've tried, several times, to book a cruise on her ... but it can be difficult to do so. The shorter runs she makes are usually at times of the year when I cannot cruise. At other times the itineraries are so long and the prices so high that I'm not sure I can afford her.

But I'm DEFINITELY keeping my eyes peeled for something -- perhaps late in 2008 or early 2009. It all depends upon what's available, and when, and for how much.

Interesting ... they're spending a lot of money on the Prinsendam, keeping her up-to-date and operational with dry-docks and all. This bodes VERY WELL for them keeping her some time longer. :)

Maybe I'll get my chance to cruise aboard her!?

:D I am happy to say that Prinsendam is one of the best "Money makers" in the fleet....This has been passed to me by mooooooooooore than one person so I belive it...It has developed a very, very loyal following of HAL cruisers like myself who place a lot of importance on the more traditional style of cruising...I can't wait for next March 11 to board her again and set sail for 73 days!...Maybe I'll just stay aboard.....Rob....:rolleyes:

Archived