Past Pride of Aloha Cruisers - I need help

gaylenhazel

I really need to know if the ship has a laundry service. Even a self serve laundry room. I've searched and can't find the answer. I'm bringing along our grandaughter. Lot's of clothes with a toddler.

Also.... do they have cribs on the ship? I emailed the cruise line and never got an answer.

Any help on my questions is really appreciated! You are all great! Love this board.

Can't help you with the crib, but they do have a laundry service (at least, I saw the bag lying in the closet -- I didn't use it though). I don't think they have a self-serve laundry but I won't swear to it!

The PoAl does not have self-service laundry. They do have send out laundry service. Some consider it very reasonably priced; others don't.

They don't have regular cribs (which would take too much space), but do have pack-n-plays (at least, that's what parents have reported; no first-hand experience). You need to call the cruise line reservation department (or your TA if you booked through one) to have the request for one added to your reservation now. Don't wait until you are onboard to ask for one because they may all be in use. (Sadly, emailing the cruise line doesn't seem to produce much in the way of constructive information.)

beachchick

How old is your granddaughter?

We haven't been with PofAl but we are going with PofAM in Aug with our two kids (2&5). So we have been researching. My past experience is with Carnival. We start to take my old daughter to cruise when she was almost 2.

For sleeping - The cruise doesn't have crib. When we only have one kids and when she was little, she slept with me while my DH slept on the bulk bed. Also, I brought along the following Secure Transitions Baby Tub which served as bed and bathing tub. Since there is only shower in the cabin, I found it is easier to bathe them in this tub and without getting everywhere wet.

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=442787&parentCategoryId=85180&categoryId=85201&subCategoryId=86186

and we use this airbed for my old daughter now -

http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4052379/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/

For beach, we like this cabana which is portable and use up almost no space in the storage. But be careful, it takes some pratice to open and close it. Also, instead of using the leg, we put sand in the pocket to stablize it.

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=431755&parentCategoryId=100180&categoryId=100182&subCategoryId

Hope this help.

EL:)

Wow... you guys are great. This is why I love this board. Thanks for all the help! I called the cruise line today and got the pack and play reserved. They also gave me a price on laundry. It is $1 to $3 a piece. I guess we will rinse what we want and buy new as needed. Thanks again!

I like that beach cabana EL!

Beach Chick you always have the answers to our Hawaii questions. You are awesome.

Wow... you guys are great. This is why I love this board. Thanks for all the help! I called the cruise line today and got the pack and play reserved. They also gave me a price on laundry. It is $1 to $3 a piece. I guess we will rinse what we want and buy new as needed. Thanks again!

I like that beach cabana EL!

Beach Chick you always have the answers to our Hawaii questions. You are awesome.

Mahalo for your nice compliment. DH and I do love Hawaii.:D

beachchick

Archived