How much is too much shore excursions?

HALNEWBY

There is no "right" answer. It depends on what you are doing, when your scheduled return to the ship is, what you enjoy doing, etc. I would be sure I am back to the ship in plenty of time. Our long port last summer was in Skagway. We used the time well though not everything we did would be considered a "shore excursion."

If's it of interest and fits your timeframe, then sure, enjoy yourself!!!!

Those 8hrs of touring are of great interest but I have some doubts on the juneau port. How long does it take to get on and off the ship? In doing 8hrs of shore excursions if I do the math there are only 2.5 hours to spread around since dock time...

if you dock, it took me 1/2 hour to get off the ship..once the doors opened. we were schedule to dock at 2pm, i was leaving the ship by 2:15 (we docked early). we docked at the very far dock, we had to use the schuttles to get to the main part of port (5 mins ride).

some of the other ships, you only had to walk down the steps. they were docks right in the port area with everything right there. (tram stations, orca's office, shopping, transportations to mendenhall)

Those 8hrs of touring are of great interest but I have some doubts on the juneau port. How long does it take to get on and off the ship? In doing 8hrs of shore excursions if I do the math there are only 2.5 hours to spread around since dock time...

Are these ship tours??? Independent with the vendor's recommendation for timing??? What tours are you looking at- you port time, ship etc.

These answers can give a better response for your particular itinerary.

Are these ship tours??? Independent with the vendor's recommendation for timing??? What tours are you looking at- you port time, ship etc.

These answers can give a better response for your particular itinerary.

They are the whale watching tour with orca 3.5 hrs

and northstar trekking 4.5 hrs

Independent booking.

Oosterdam is the ship

11:00am to 9:30 pm dock time Juneau

My wife did the actual booking so I suspect that she cobooked:confused:. I hope I have a blast in these excursions!!!

Be certain to verify this. You want one dropping off for the other. Otherwise, you are adding at least a hour in shuttle time, and if you booked one after the other, independent, likely won't make it since it's a 20 min ride back downtown. Again, you want them scheduled together and booked though one vendor.

They are the whale watching tour with orca 3.5 hrs

and northstar trekking 4.5 hrs

Independent booking.

Oosterdam is the ship

Copycat!:D

We're doing the same, but the whale watching part is with Harv & Marv. I say, find a way to squeeze it all in... you only live once! (and you can pass out back on the ship LOL)

Archived