Formal Hire

Miss Jolly

Hello. I have emailed HAL on several occasions. They receipt my emails but never get back to me with any answers. :confused: We are in Australia so telephoning at the appropriate time is tricky. Maybe someone on CC can help me with this one.

We will be travelling through Europe on Rotterdam for 39 days. We each have 2 booking numbers so I guess we have been sold 2 back to back cruises. However, by our Roll Call boards, I can see that our entire trip has been broken in to three cruises for some passengers.

My question is if we hire a tux, how much would we be charged for the entire 39 days?

Thank you.

Jennie

Miss Jolly, I will try to phone for you to make sure that the price is the same for your entire 39 day cruise. As for phoning them directly, the best time for you in NSW would be as soon as you get up in the morning. You should be able to speak to someone directly then.

Will get back to you as soon as I contact them tomorrow. I tried just now but they have closed for the day on the east coast.

This is not an answer, but I got an "entry level" tux from Men's Warehouse for around $170. I think two rentals would be over that price. You can really get a tux for not a whole lot of money. I got several compliments too!

HI Miss Jolly, I just now spoke to a friend who did 2 back to back cruises last year and asked her about the price. She said that yes, you do have to pay twice for the tux rentals. They had to return the first tux and then got another new one for the 2nd cruise. I would suggest that you talk to HAL and ask them if you are doing 2 cruises or 3 cruises back to back. That will tell you exactly how much you will have to pay.

Hope that helps some.

I just bought a brand new 3 button Tux at JC Pennys for 99 dololars. Shoes were 29.99 and shirt with tie, cumber bun, sutds and cuff links were 25.00. So you get the whole shbang for 160.00 and you get to keep it. Sounds like a better deal than 240.00 for 3 cruises.

Miss Jolly, I will try to phone for you to make sure that the price is the same for your entire 39 day cruise. As for phoning them directly, the best time for you in NSW would be as soon as you get up in the morning. You should be able to speak to someone directly then.

Will get back to you as soon as I contact them tomorrow. I tried just now but they have closed for the day on the east coast.

That would be wonderful MacLean girl. Thank you so VERY much. Whilst you are on the phone to them, could I stretch the friendship and ask you to enquire re the number of teenagers on board from 10th August to 18th September ( or any section of that). We have only been able to find one other so far. Fortunately, she is the same age as my daughter and they have been emailing each other which is lovely for them.) Also, could you please ask them HOW MANY formal nights we will have for this entire journey please? I promise not ot ask any more. LOL. As I have said, they do not answer my emails and my TA is even less informed than me.

My email is jennie1@exemail.com.au. Thank you again for your thoughtful and generous offer.

Jennie

HI Jennie, Just to inform you that I have contacted HAL and have sent you an email with the answers to your questions. Please watch for it so it does not get sent to your junk mail filter. The subject heading is "Cruise Questions".

By the way, the agent I spoke to said that HAL's computer system had crashed but has now been fixed so you should be able to email them and get a reply.

Do let me know if my email does not get to you, ok?

Archived