inside cabin question on Zuiderdam

San Diego Ellie

We are considering a May, 2008 Venice to Barcelona on this ship, and to make this trip affordable for us (and to allow funds to spend some time in Venice precruise and Barcelona postcruise), we will probably book inside. Category MM, cabin 4165, which is an aft location on the upper promenade deck, is well priced. Has anyone had experience with this location? Thanks for any input you can give me.

Category MM, cabin 4165, which is an aft location on the upper promenade deck, is well priced. Has anyone had experience with this location? Thanks for any input you can give me.

We haven't been in that specific cabin, but have stayed in two just like it--4011 on the Zuiderdam and 4147 on the Oosterdam. Be prepared for small. Very, very, VERY SMALL. A chair and a table sit at the end of the bed, no couch. You can't come out of the bathroom if your cabinmate is getting dressed as you might whack him with the door. But we spent two happy weeks in those staterooms. The price was right for us.

Here is a picture from standing in front of the nightstand next to the bed. The bathroom is behind that picture on the wall.

Robin

room.jpg

I saw the inside cabins on the upper prom on the Westerdam and Robin is very accurate. If you can live with it, take it, it's a cruise in Europe.

It won't do you much good however, if you'll be disappointed, it'll diminish the cruise.

GN

Thanks so much, Robin, for the picture, and thanks granny and jk for your thoughts. The web site said unavailable for the inside guarantee, thought it may be offered later as this is really early, in my opinion.

The picture really did help, and I will have to consider how this will feel for 12 days. Thanks again!

Archived