Avoid delays! Check your drivers license!

cruiselubbers

Just wanted to pass this on from our last flight!

Hubby's picture was well worn off of his license & it caused him to be searched since he did not have an id! This caused about a 10 min delay thru security at our airport. I was not complaining because they were atleast cautious, but needless to say since our Dec. flight I have urged him to get a new license! He finally got one today!

BTW just so you know the license is in his wallet & protected but something about the license itself made in less durable as the picture was gone within 3 months of being issued!

Just check & make sure you can see yourself on your dl! I am sure this could cause trouble elsewhere & I'd hate for someone to miss a flight because they had to get searched!

Enjoy! I know we will! :p

Wow!! I love the new NC drivers licenses because they don't get worn out like our old ones... I've had mine for years now and it looks brand new... did he have one of the old ones??? I generally use my passport when I travel, so I don't worry about it... but it sounds like you should take it back to the DMV, that doesn't sound right at all.

Believe it or not it was one of the newer ones! I have a newer one that expires this year & it looks great too! (well minus my face...ha ha ha!) But for some odd reason his just I guess you could say "freaked out!" lol

Talk about a mess though when you had someone your license & you have a "ghost" picture! ARGH!!!!

Thankfully we are getting ready to get passports as well so next time this will be easier! I am sure that makes a big difference!

:D

another reason to use a passport...

As I said thankfully we are getting ready to get ours! But I am sure the extra id never hurts!

Also check your expiration dates on your license! This might not be a bad thing to check either!

Delays stink, let's help others avoid them by sharing our experiences! :D

Wow!! I love the new NC drivers licenses because they don't get worn out like our old ones... I've had mine for years now and it looks brand new... did he have one of the old ones??? I generally use my passport when I travel, so I don't worry about it... but it sounds like you should take it back to the DMV, that doesn't sound right at all.

Forgot to tell you that sure enough they said they knew there was problems with them & hubby said so this replacement is free then? Well, he won! Sure enough a free replacement license from our DMV! Surprise surprise!

Now if they knew it was a problem, why did they keep making them?

:eek:

Let me add that I know someone who was using an expired driver license as an ID to travel. He had to be hand searched - almost missed his flight because of it. They took the bomb swabs to the seams of his luggage and everything.

So make sure your license is not expired.

Let me add that I know someone who was using an expired driver license as an ID to travel. He had to be hand searched - almost missed his flight because of it. They took the bomb swabs to the seams of his luggage and everything.

So make sure your license is not expired.

Thanks for your add! :p

I was thinking about that alittle while ago, but started thinking these people are sick of listening to me for awhile, I'll wait until someone else posts something before I put something else in there! And thankfully you came along! So people please check your dates!

Be blessed, be a blessing!

Archived