Christmas Mass on Conquest ?

poohbear1995

Good question. I took an Easter cruise many years ago, and there was a priest on board who offered Mass on deck on Easter morning at sunrise. Mass at sea - I've never forgotten it.

From what I've read (not much discussion on this), there are services of various denominations during the major religious holidays, not always Catholic tho.

It's hit or miss if a priest is onboard or not, some of my Carnival Crusises (most actually) had mass every day, others maybe one or 2 multi-denominational (sp?) services during the whole 7 days. They might have a hard time getting a priest away from his parish that time of year, but expect a service of some sort even if it's not a full mass.

You may find a priest onboard over the holidays if Carnival tries to place one. Many priests I know are teachers rather than pastors and are often looking for a free cruise when classes are not in session. If they don't mind being away from family over Christmas they might be onboard for Mass.

We were on the Inspiration over Christmas last year. I believe there was a service but not a mass.

Dave, the piano bar player, had a Christmas carol sing-along on Christmas Eve which was great. But Christmas Day was pretty much spent in shorts and T-shirts on the beaches of Cozumel.

.....some of my Carnival Crusises (most actually) had mass every day.....QUOTE]

I'm surprised. On all seven of my Carnival cruises, I have only seen one mass, the one I mentioned above.

And......I do check with the purser's desk early on every cruise to see if there is a priest on board. What I get is "Not to my knowledge." :rolleyes:

I believe I read on this board (quite awhile back) that priests are given free passage if they agree to offer masses while on board. Maybe I dreamed it?

Was on the Spirit last year at Christmas. Actually, we debarked Christmas day. Very early that morning there were several passengers all dressed up in their Sunday best just outside the chapel. Evidently they had just attended a service of some kind, but I did not see a priest

From the Carnival web site:

Are there religious services on board?spacer.gifWhen available, a clergyman will be on board for Christmas, Easter, Passover, Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur; this is subject to availability of booking clergymen during their most holy days.

Archived