Dolphin Deck on Sapphire Princess to Alaska

newbie2468

Are these decks like all the other Princess ships... Uncovered??

If so, (crazy question) does it rain a lot so that would be an issue? When looking on the boards.. tons of people still book those cabins... I have a choice of a balcony on Emerald or Caribe...which would you choose? We are booked Southbound from Whittier... Need to make decision in a couple of days.. Thanks

Yes - the Dolphin deck mini-suite balconies are fully uncovered with respect to ceiling overhang. The balcony measures about 9 ft. wide x 7 ft. deep.

As to how much rain you might get on Alaska cruise, that would be hard to know in advance.

There are far fewer Emerald deck mini-suites so unless you can book a specific Emerald deck cabin and then mark your booking 'no upgrade', you stand a good chance of being upgraded to Dolphin deck.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

The Emerald Deck cabins with balconies are minisuites while those on Caribe Deck are "simply" balcony cabins. The Emerald cabins are comparable to the Dolphin on the interior, and are a lot nicer than the Caribe Deck interior cabins, IMHO - they come with a sofa and a nice sitting area while the balcony cabins have only a single chair in them, and that chair blocks the door to the balcony. So I'd go with the Emerald cabin.

Which side, you ask?:rolleyes: I'd say portside for the best viewing of land. Get as far forward as you can, because Club Fusion is directly below you and the sound system (i.e. thumping bass) is directly under the aft-most cabins. Some people are bothered by it, others don't notice a thing. The one exception to my rule would be if E-728 (portside) or E-731 (starboard) are available - they have enormous balconies that wrap around the stern of the ship a bit, giving you some amazing views!

Archived