HELP: Question about Cat.5A

Hello everyone,

I am curious to know about Cat 5a,Porthole, Upper deck on Carnival Paradise. Small, Duh, but will I be claustrophobic? Noisy? What should I expect?

Any info on this Ship would be greatly appreciated.

In case you were wondering, we are THINKING about a cruise on May 28 out of LA . :)

Thanks in advance

I don't know about the ship. I'm sure someone else can help with that but the 5A shouldn't be any smaller than the rooms with a picture window. And the upper folds down if you need it so it's mostly out of the way.

Thanks for the quick reply. Now for the stupid question of the day, what is an UPPER??? Is this a bunk of some sort?

We have had a 5a cabin a few times. It is just like the cat 4 rooms, but with two porthole windows for light. They don't open but you can see outside. A cabin on the upper deck is a good location. We loved the Paradise, sailed it a few times. Enjoy your cruise.

I have pics of the 5A on the Fantasy class ship. E-mail me at bunkie103@yahoo.com and I'll send them to you. The room isn't that small and the portholes were great. It has the usual king/twins bed not an upper and a lower.

Hey Bunkie, thanks for the offer but you sent me the pics earlier today.

Michelle :)

we just had a 5a on Imagination room R1 (on the pirate deck AAAARRRRRRR)

it was the very first room, we liked it. It was the same size as a reg ocean view, our room didnt have a couch (fine with us, it ends up being a catch all any way) it had the 2 port holes (non opening) but the ledge/ window sill that was around the portholes was really deep.....DH & I both thought if we had our kids with us they would be fighting over who would sleep on that ledge.

oh the down side of that room (if you can call it that, as I would still take that room again)you vibrate a good deal when pulling into port from the thrusters. but due to that vibration we never had to set the alarm in the AM as we knew we were pulling into port....there was also what sounded like carts crashing under us 1 night, perhaps it was luggage or laundry carts. other than that it was very quiet as there was only a crew door at the end of our hall, had strong paint smell one afternoon but we went in the room too long ;)

enjoy!!!

Archived