Hotels near Pan American pier/AOS dock in San Juan

4nzic1

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what hotels are near the pier where Adventure of the Seas docks in San Juan? Some years ago when we cruised Destiny we stayed at the Sheraton. Would selecting the Sheraton again be a good choice? OR are there hotels of the same quality closer to the Pan Am pier?

Thanks in advance

I don't remember seeing any hotels right near the Pan Am pier. We stayed in Isla Verde, at the Courtyard Marriott. There are many hotels there. The hotel was very nice, we enjoyed the restaurant, it's on the beach and the pool is nice. The downside is that it's close to the airport and could be noisy. The trip to the pier was maybe 15 minutes if that.

Thanks Leslie K. : ) We also stayed at the Marriott during our stay there (San Juan Marriott). I forgot to mention that....but I also slightly remember it not being near the cruise terminal. We chose San Juan Marriott 4 days before so that we could partake in BioBay and other outtings on that side of the island. Then two days after the cruise we stayed at the Sheraton. : ) So you think I should just go with Sheraton again as it is closer to all the piers than Marriott? As you can see by the date I have this cruise planned, I like to plan ahead. : ) Heck, I haven't even gone on this yrs 3 day bahamas cruise or our 10 day land-based to Aruba this December and I'm already booking a cruise for 2008. : )

thanks

The Sheraton is close to where Carnival docks are and where RCI docks when it is used as a port. The Pan Am Pier isn't really close (walking distance) to any hotel. I guess hotels in the Condado area are closer to the ship.

You are going to have to take a cab to the pier no matter where you stay so you might as well pick a hotel that you would want to stay in. We have stayed in many different hotels and at all different prices. One of our favorites was the Hampton Inn in Isla Verde. It is very close to the Ritz and El San Juan hotels.

We have also stayed at the Marriott Stellaris Resort and liked that. If you go to the port board you probably will get more info. Good luck and enjoy your cruise. I love sailing from San Juan.

Katie

The Normandie and the Caribe Hilton may be the closest hotels to Pan American pier, but either one will involve a taxi ride. We stayed at the Wyndham Old San Juan, which is now a Sheraton, when we last sailed out of San Juan, but we did not sail from the Pan American pier. :)

Thanks Negc and Sheffie for the additional info....especially the map. : ) I know it's more than a year away but i wanna book my room as soon as possibly allowed (I checked some hotels and they currently only let you book up to Oct 2008....so perhaps next month i can book for november).

Before our Regal Princess Panama Canal cruise last Fall, we stayed at the Hotel Miramar on Ponce de Leon Ave in nearby Miramar. It was on the last block at the west end of this ave. just before Hwy 1 and about a 1/2 mile from the Pan Am terminal. In fact after dropping off DW and friends, luggage and checking in, I returned our Dollar rental car to Isla Verde Holiday Inn and took the 1A bus to get back to the ship. I got off at the last bus stop on Ponce de Leon (across Hwy 1 from the Sizzler restaurant) and walked to the ship which you can see from there. Did the same thing before our Serenade cruise in Feb. and did the reverse after our Adventure cruise last month. Bus fare cost was $0.75.

We enjoyed staying at the Hotel Miramar and found it to be very good for a 2* hotel.

There is a nearby Pueblo supermarket and Walgreens on Ponce de Leon for cruise supplies like soda and bottled water. Also try the Los Pinos restaurant across P de Leon Ave and 1/2 block east from the Hotel Miramar for good and reasonably priced local fare.

Archived