Limo/car service from CT to NY port

Insel

Has anyone used a car or shuttle service from Connecticut to the NY pier? CT Limo travels only to the airports and we're not specifically looking for a limo, it's not a big occasion. Driving is not out of the question, as we have been to the city before, just checking out options.

Has anyone used a car or shuttle service from Connecticut to the NY pier? CT Limo travels only to the airports and we're not specifically looking for a limo, it's not a big occasion. Driving is not out of the question, as we have been to the city before, just checking out options.

We took CT Limo from Norwalk to Red Hook in Brooklyn. It was easy, reasonably priced, and you don't have to spend money on parking.

CT Limo is a good suggestion. By the time you figure in the cost of parking in NYC if you drive, then the $ for CT Limo doesn't seem so bad. But if you drive just take the Merritt to the Sawmill and go down the Henry Hudson parkway to the West Side Highway. I drive in that way all the time and I usally make really good time. (It's easy because you essentially avoid the midtown Manhattan traffic.) If you don't have too much luggage (ha ha) then you could take the train and catch a cab.

I live in CT too. Grab your phone book & look up the agencies providing transportation. They should all be able to take you down to the pier.

Are you going to the one on the West Side or Brooklyn? If its the West Side, just grab Metro North to Grand Central & grab a cab outside the terminal. The cab stand is right there & the docks are like 10 blocks away.

Brooklyn? Not sure about getting there if you take the train in. I'm sure there's a way to grab the subway over.

[quote=Cassandra;9840367....

Brooklyn? Not sure about getting there if you take the train in. I'm sure there's a way to grab the subway over.

Take a cab the subway is difficult to the Brooklyn Cruise terminal...a cab will be in the $20-25.00 range...

if you think that is just too expensive...take the express IRT subway to brooklyn's Boro hall and catch a cab...for about $12.00 plus the cost of the subway

Archived