beer buckets

lkh4650

I'm leaving on the Glory on Saturday and I have a really simple question..... Are the buckets of beer served by the pool all canned beer (even corona)? I'd like to bring some coozies.

Also, does carnival have a wine club at dinner? I have been on a couple cruiselines (ncl in particular) that had a deal where the fifth bottle was free.

PS.... to laura, i don't want to hear it...lol.

When we were on the Glory in November, 16oz plastic bottles was what we ordered (LITE). They still fit inside a can coolie nice, save on packing and get one in the gift shop for 2.99 - a cheap and functional souvenier :p

Finally a thread I can relate to. Buckets of beer, yeah baby. When we were on the Liberty, I'm sure it's CCL wide, Bud & bud lite are in 16 oz. aluminum bottles, Miller lite is in plastic and Corona are in glass. So, what they do for the Corona is pour them in funny looking plastic bottles with a wedge of lime in each. Now with the others, you can have them only pop one or two at a time, this way you can take the extras back to your room. Make sure you go to the gift shop and get a bottle opener, they're not twist off.

Finally a thread I can relate to. Buckets of beer, yeah baby. When we were on the Liberty, I'm sure it's CCL wide, Bud & bud lite are in 16 oz. aluminum bottles, Miller lite is in plastic and Corona are in glass. So, what they do for the Corona is pour them in funny looking plastic bottles with a wedge of lime in each. Now with the others, you can have them only pop one or two at a time, this way you can take the extras back to your room. Make sure you go to the gift shop and get a bottle opener, they're not twist off.

All true. ;)

Also, if you are doing Bud or Bud Light, bring a coozy that fits bottles (wine cooler/beer bottle) and not a can coozy. That bottles just fall out.

There was another Picture posted where they served the 4 beers in the bucket but they all were in Cups.

I posted the Beer in the Bucket Special in my Live from the Spirit Thread, I think they were like 13.95 and 16.95 for the other types.

Fred

Bring a soft sided cooler for your beer it keeps them colder .

Or, if you have beer left over, or beer in your room that you want to chill, take the bucket back to your room. Refill it with ice at the buffet restaurant on your way and you don't need a cooler. I always bring a big cooler with me but leaving it at home this time.

Or, if you have beer left over, or beer in your room that you want to chill, take the bucket back to your room. Refill it with ice at the buffet restaurant on your way and you don't need a cooler. I always bring a big cooler with me but leaving it at home this time.

I found that a nice soft side cooler worked better with the taller bottles....especially out on deck. The buckets are too short for the new 16 ouncers, so the top 1/3 of the bottle is exposed, making for warm beer. Yuck. Left the cooler out on the table in the cabin in the AM with any left overs from the night before inside, and by lunch I would be greated with a cooler full of fresh ice and cold beer. Our cabin steward knew how to treat us right. ;) :D

LOL well the Coors or any beer brewed in Canada.. is REAL beer..:p the stuff on the ship is just flavoured water:)

Actually, its all swill unless you brew it yourself. God bless 13% ABV!! I'll take down 12 Buds or Millers, or whatever, but 3 or 4 of those and I cant stand up. Best is the price, ~$50 on ingredients for about 4 cases of beer where you would have to spend over $100 for the same amount of alcohol. Course....the Bud light route is easier...

I just left the bottles in my cabin and the room steward put them on ice for me, with my wine.

Actually, its all swill unless you brew it yourself. God bless 13% ABV!! I'll take down 12 Buds or Millers, or whatever, but 3 or 4 of those and I cant stand up. Best is the price, ~$50 on ingredients for about 4 cases of beer where you would have to spend over $100 for the same amount of alcohol. Course....the Bud light route is easier...

I agree. Bringing homebrew along seems to me to be the answer (I think I'll bring a growler or two of Hefe along). But even if you don't, it seems the food and bev purchasers for the line should bring in at least some craft brews. I wouldn't expect anything too over the top, but some from New Belgium or Dogfish would we appropriate.

Archived