Accessibility in Russia

fredmar

• 2 weeks later...

We are visiting St. Petersburg when our ship stops for two days in June at the port. I have a son in a wheelchair but is able to climb a few stairs with assistance. I was wondering if the gardens at Peterof would be accessible? I mean the exterior not the palaces. As well, would the boat trip in the canals be accessible? He would be able to climb the steps into the boat with assistance. We plan on doing the Russian Museum and the Church of the Spilled Blood. We are hoping to do it with an outside tour operator. How reliable is Alla Tours? Has anyone used them?

Will appreciate a reply. Thanks.

We are visiting St. Petersburg when our ship stops for two days in June at the port. I have a son in a wheelchair but is able to climb a few stairs with assistance. I was wondering if the gardens at Peterof would be accessible? I mean the exterior not the palaces. As well, would the boat trip in the canals be accessible? He would be able to climb the steps into the boat with assistance. We plan on doing the Russian Museum and the Church of the Spilled Blood. We are hoping to do it with an outside tour operator. How reliable is Alla Tours? Has anyone used them?

Will appreciate a reply. Thanks.

Fredmar --

Hi! Welcome to Cruise Critic. I saw your earlier post elsewhere; I'm glad you found this forum.

You asked about the reliability of Alla Tours. Your best bet for an answer on that question is to read what has already been posted. Use the 'search this forum' tool at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192 to find all of the threads that mention Alla Tours or any of the other private companies including but not limited to Red October, Denrus, Optima, Intourist, Anastasia. Yes, it is a lot of reading but there is really no way around it if you want a truly balanced picture.

Also, wouldn't the tour companies be the best source of information as to what will be accessible for you? They would have the most familiarity with the sights and may even know about stuff that a tourist wouldn't see on a standard tour.

Archived