Coral World Marine Park in St. Thomas

pampaul

Just wondering if anyone has ever done this excursion (or even just been to the park itself). I'm trying to find an excursion to do and I checked out the website and it's looks like something we would enjoy. I guess it's a 25 minute ride to the park from the ship, then we go into a semi-submarine for 45 minutes and check out everything underwater, then after that we have 90 minutes to tour the rest of the park, then another 25 minute ride back to the ship.

For those who have gone, do you think it's worth the $49 per person (excursion booked through the ship) We'd probably book through Disney anyhow, instead of trying to get transportation and stuff on our own.

Do you get to see a lot of sealife while in the submarine? Can you take pictures under there? What about the rest of the park?

Thanks!!!

We were in St Thomas a couple of years ago and went to Coki Beach which is where Coral World is located. Instead of going to the Coral World excursion we booked through Godfrey Tours and got great bang for the buck!! His website is www.godfreytoursvi.com , for $25.00 per person he will pick you up in a safari style truck and take you in town for shopping (you can store your beach things in the truck), then a tour of part of the island (up to the top of the mountain ) and then on to the beach for snorkling. You don't have to know how to swim to enjoy the fish on this beach, just walk out in the water to your waist, hold the food in the water and they will come up to you. The right hand side of the beach is where Coral World is and is where there are lot's of fish. After your time on the beach Godfrey will take you on a different route back to the ship in time for dockside shopping if you desire. I know this doesn't give you much info on Coral World itself but I thought I'd pass it along.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Archived