Inspiration....twice....why? Other ships too!

cruiselubbers

I have been noticing that alot of people who have cruised on the Inspiration go back for a second & sometimes even more then that cruise. I was just wondering to those of you who have cruised the Inspiration 2 or more times...or even if you are wanting to go back on & haven't booked yet...what is your reason for cruising on the Inspiration more then once?

Welcome mat is open to replies concerning other ships as well! :p

Be blessed, be a blessing!

Big.....that must be WAY AWESOME to live near a port! :p Our closest port is still a good 5 hours away & even then the choices are VA or SC and we all know there's not many cruises out of these ports...well atleast IMOHO! :(

I know some people seem to like a certain ship. For us we would like to go back on the Fantasy sometimes just because she's been drydocked since our last visit! Plus we think about what didn't we see?! But there was great service there too & people we wouldn't mind seeing again! I am sure there will be a lot of answers to this and that's what makes me curious! Plus I was thinking someone might say something about their favorite ship that might envoke someone to say....Gotta go on the........NOW! lol

I have been on the Holiday four times, because I like five nighters, port has been an easy drive from my home, and the service has always been great. I cruise more for the 'sea' than ports, and I'm very comfy on the Holiday.:)

Being from Canada, I'm not close to a Florida port HOWEVER, I have been on the Inspiration twice and would go with it again!

I am leaving next week on my 6th cruise (Carnival Sensation)

The price is right--we usually watch for the 'deals'-- that's one reason....we like the ports, first time was Cayman and Costa Maya (because of the hurricane) second time last month was Cozumel....which I would LOVE to visit again!!

I think it has a lot to do with the ports and how close you are. We are an hour and a half from Tampa and Port Canaveral, 3 hours from Ft. Lauderdale, and 4 from Miami and Jax. That makes it pretty easy to book the last minute deals.:D

I'm from NE and have been on the Inspiration twice and wouldn't hestitate to sail her again. For me, the service and the food on this ship has been outstanding. The staff is absolutely wonderful and helps to make my cruise vacation even more enjoyable. In fact, I was just looking into another Inspiration cruise the other day.

For me, it's the closeness of the port. Only 25 min away from Port Canaveral. Been on Fantasy 2x and in September will be on the Glory for a 2nd time. Plus there's things that you miss the first time around. I did not even realize the Glory had a fish and chips place until I found this board!

Leaving on the Inspiration today. Have been on her a few times now and probably will book for August again. Four hour drive to port, 30 min from Jax port. I am not a fan of the Bahamas but love Cozumel. I don't have to take any days off to take this cruise. I work six nights straight then have eight off. It is great to take a mini vacation and not use PTO time. The ship is beautiful and the crew has been wonderful. They have a great band right now and the band said they will be on her until July. Have to go and put the last things in the suitcase to hit the road, see all on the Lido deck at noon. Sandy

Leaving on the Inspiration today. Have been on her a few times now and probably will book for August again. Four hour drive to port, 30 min from Jax port. I am not a fan of the Bahamas but love Cozumel. I don't have to take any days off to take this cruise. I work six nights straight then have eight off. It is great to take a mini vacation and not use PTO time. The ship is beautiful and the crew has been wonderful. They have a great band right now and the band said they will be on her until July. Have to go and put the last things in the suitcase to hit the road, see all on the Lido deck at noon. Sandy

Have fun Sandy! I'm a Sandy too btw! :p We're some good people! ;)

TO EVERYONE ELSE:

AWESOME responses! Thanks! I was just wondering why some people choose to cruise the same ship twice. More or less what makes that ship special especially the Inspiration since I'll be with her soon! Everyone's responses have been great. Thanks again & keep posting!

I sailed on Inspiration in November of 2005 and am booked for a November 2007 4 day out of Tampa.

You can't beat the price for the Inspiration and flights to Tampa seem to be cheaper than other ports from where I am.

Plus, last time we got re-routed to Progreso because of pier damage in Cozumel so it will be a different port this time too!

I've been to most of the ports so that isn't a big deal to me. I just enjoy the relaxing, the food and spending time with my friends on the ship.

Marzee

We've sailed the Inspiration twice, the Sensation twice, and are sailing the Fascination in July. We choose these ships because of the 4 night itinerary, which is THURS- MON. I like that it sails over a weekend, it's two less days we have to take off from work. The shorter cruises are our "in between" cruises, and it's also easier to get people to watch our children over a weekend, and we can be home Monday before they get home from school. :)

Plus, we love the long port time in Cozumel!!! (not as long as it used to be, though :( )

I've cruised the Sensation twice, still my favorite ship and I'd do it again... I don't necessarily cruise for the ship.... I'm sure some do, I cruise for the good times and the ship is secondary... so I don't care if I've gone on it before, if the price is right, I'll go :D There are only so many ships out there, so it's not uncommon to go on one ship many times.

We're going for our second cruise aboard Inspiration in November. We did Celebration twice, but then we grew tired of Nassau. If Celebration were to go somewhere else, we'd sail on her again in a heartbeat.

The last Inspiration trip, we loved Grand Cayman and this time we'll go to Coz instead of Calica.

I guess we'll take a cruise on whatever ship to whatever place looks interesting (and is priced right!).

we have been on the Inspiration 3 times now and love her..Even though it is an older ship she is in great shape..the crew is wonderful very helpful and soo friendly..(besides for Cruise Director..they really need to do something about Riza sp?) her assistant the blonde guy is great!!..anyways we cruise on her because we live in Gainesville Fl and it is very quick drive to port..plus the prices are great..love the ports of visit even though I would just love a cruise to nowhere...Just get me on the ship..lol..anyways that is our reason..hope it helps..

Port Canaveral is the closest port to us (45 minutes), but it's the port we've least cruised from -- go figure. We are about to cruise on the Triumph for the third time. First two times were in 2000 (western) and 2001 (eastern), and this time it will be for the new eastern itinerary -- so different ports each time. The second time we cruised for price (and different itinerary) -- cheapest one we could find for Thanksgiving week and Carnival had a huge upgrade sale. We paid for an inside, were immediately upgraded to OV and ended up with balcony cabins. We booked our upcoming cruise mainly for the new ports of Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. Obviously, we are happy with the ship, too. :)

We have taken the Fantasy and Sensation out of Pt. Canaveral and next we will be going on The Inspiration. We love the short three and four day trips as that is about all the time we can get away at one time and the convenience of being able to drive to a port that is an hour or two away is a a major consideration for us.

Archived