Where to Stay in Galveston?

mansfieldmom

Looking for a place to stay in Galveston the night before our cruise. I'm finding that most of the "nicer" hotels are either booked or there is a min. two night stay. I would like to find a hotel that offers free parking during our 7-day cruise.

We always stay at the Best Western Beachfront on Seawall Blvd. Nothing fancy but clean and has in room coffee pots plus free continental breakfast. They will let you park free the week of the cruise but they do not have a shuttle. There is a large Kroger Signature store next door and a Wal Mart about 3 blocks down the street. Usually costs around $50 unless it is during a big celebration then everything goes up triple price. We've stayed there at least 3-4 times since we started cruising out of Galveston. BTW, welcome to the boards - you will get a lot of good information on here. TG23

We stayed last August at the Baymont Inns and Suites.

The whole building was non-smoking, they had waffles in the shape of the state of Texas, and it was clean, nice, and reasonable.

It was in easy walking distance to the beach.

It opened last August so hopefully it is still clean and nice.

we stayed at laquinta before and at the Galvez after..it was far superior and I think they have a program..it was only 89$ throgh wyndom.com be sure to sign up foer the rewards program. The spot was a great place to eat for very casual dinning. go to galveston.com for more info.we would spend more time in Galveston next time! hope this helps:D

We stayed at the comadore on the beach in Feb. nothing fancy clean rooms next door to joe's crab shack. beach right across the street.

room was around 75.00 shutle was 10.00 round trip. we were picked up at the pier within 15 min.

We have booked the Super 8 in Galveston. It is 1/2 block from Seawall Blvd and we are paying about $50 - $60 a night in October for a Kind Non-Smoking w/fridge and microwave. Depends on weekday or weekend. It looks very nice and is one of their newly renovated hotels and I think it has won an award or two. It also has a free "hot" continental breakfast which usually means waffles and/or biscuits and gravy. We found the best deal directly on the Super 8 website.

Word of warning about leaving your car for free at your motel/hotel. It may be free but it is not watched by staff or security. My mom and stepdad did same thing at Holiday Inn in California and his vintage Cadillac was stolen and stripped of everything. The Port of Galveston offers parking at different rates for different cruise lengths and it is patroled by Security and police. Of course nothing is guaranteed, but you might want to be safer rather than sorry.

hellol- i also am looking for a hotel before the cruise- we have decided to stay frid and sat because it makes more rooms available- the only problem is - they are still so expensive!! we are leaving aug 12th and i cant believe how high they are! i am planning to try the company website like someone suggested- any pointers? thanks:eek:

My husband and I cruised out of Galveston Jan 2007. We stayed at the Hotel Galvez and were very pleased. The hotel is nice and I believe you can leave your car at the hotel while you are on the cruise. They also take you to the pier. We had a wonderful vacation and part of it was the pleasant experience of Hotel Galvez. (there was some renovation underway in the lobby area but that should be finished by now).

Crusin Okie

We also stayed at The Baymont Inn. The rooms were very large and it is fairly new and nice. I believe we used our Sam's card for a discount and taxes and all it was slightly under $100. This was for a Sat. night last Oct., Friday nights are a little cheaper for some reason. We did not use their parking but I believe they say you can park there free but must get a taxi to the port.

We also stayed at the Best Western Beachfront on Seawall. In addition to being close to stores, it is also within walking distance of several restaurants and fast food places.

We took Tropical Taxi from the hotel to the pier. It was actually a shared van, stopping off at other hotels to pick up passengers. Not bad timewise since Galveston is such a small place. It cost just $10 for the two of us.

i just priced the days inn in galveston!! oh my it is 177 ?? then more on sat night- i guess in august they really inflate the prices- i am looking at the inn at the waterpark! anyone does this? or maybe we might stay outta galveston in clear lake, texas city or one of those- has anyone had problems with leaving their cars unguarded at the hotel? i am a little worried about that- last june we stayed overnight at the ramada limited- we had about 300 dollars worth of shrimp in coolers in the back of the pick up ok i know it was stupid of us to not take it to our rooms, but it was late and it was just my sister and i with 2 kiddos and we were really tired---the next am everything was gone- i had even a 1/2 bottle of my childs meds that they stole!! galveston right now has a bad problem- what does everyone else think?:confused: :eek:

We stayed last year at the Baymont at 2826 63rd street last August.

It opened last August and was very nice and clean when we were there. They also have the continental breakfast with the waffle machines.( They have waffles in the shape of the state of Texas...kind of fun)

We paid $87 for rooms with two queen beds. They also have rooms with two king beds.

Their number is 409-744-3000.

We parked at the dock.

With our crew it was just simpler.

( We also thought that it would make it quicker to get back on the road home, but the disembarkation was so slow we had to make the trip in two days anyway.)

• 2 weeks later...
i just priced the days inn in galveston!! oh my it is 177 ?? then more on sat night- i guess in august they really inflate the prices- i am looking at the inn at the waterpark! anyone does this? or maybe we might stay outta galveston in clear lake, texas city or one of those- has anyone had problems with leaving their cars unguarded at the hotel? i am a little worried about that- last june we stayed overnight at the ramada limited- we had about 300 dollars worth of shrimp in coolers in the back of the pick up ok i know it was stupid of us to not take it to our rooms, but it was late and it was just my sister and i with 2 kiddos and we were really tired---the next am everything was gone- i had even a 1/2 bottle of my childs meds that they stole!! galveston right now has a bad problem- what does everyone else think?:confused: :eek:

We have a lot of bums that will steal anything. Of course we have more than normal but other than them we dont really have a problem with crime. Just take all your stuff inside next time. We do and dont have any problems.

Archived