JS or GS on Navigator

"Is it worth it?" is so subjective that only you can answer that question. To some people, $700 is have of their cruise budget, to others it's a rounding error.

I think it all comes down to how much time you will spend in your cabin - the GS are very nice cabins, larger and with more luxurious furnishings than the JS and most of them have larger balconies for you to lounge on. But if you're only going to be in the cabin to sleep, shower & dress, and there are only 2 of you, well, it depends on what $700 means to you.

The full suites do come with some perks that the JS do not, but in terms of money, you can buy many of them for far less than $700.

Both GS and JS should have priority embarkation (varies by port) and you get 2 C&A credits for booking each one.

Only GS or higher get priority tendering and/or disembarkation at the end of the cruise.

GS+ have access to a Concierge lounge and the services of the concierge. While this is a very nice perk, I don't think it's worth spending much money on to get it - there are free cocktails between 5 and 8:30 (may vary by ship), but it's usually house brands only. There's also a continental breakfast setup and complimentary cappuccino/espresso all day. I don't like Smirnoff vodka in a martini and the house wine is awful, IMHO, so I don't derive as much pleasure/value from the Concierge lounge as I could. I will gladly pay for a nice Grey Goose martini in one of the other bars (note: some concierges will stock your favorite liquor, but I haven't met them yet).

The concierge can make reservations for the spa, specialty restaurants, get ice show tickets & book your excursions. You can easily do all of that yourself for free, though, so I'm not sure that's much of a perk except to the extent that you can delegate the phone calls to somebody else (you still have to figure out your own schedule). There are a couple of computer terminals for Internet access, but it's still paid.

Archived