WiFi on the Legend?

Kerrid

Just wondering if the Legend has WiFi svc??

All Spirit Class ships have WIFI, and now they have upgraded their ships to have Ship Wide WIFI. When they installed the Phillips Cell antennas in the hallways, they also installed the WIFI range extenders in the ceilings, On the Spirit we had WIFI in our cabin on the 8th Deck.

One last thing, if youre going to be posting from your cabin as I did, my Signal was Very GOOD, but if you open up the doors your signal will increase.

Fred

Yes it does. But, if I remember right that was the ship I had to choose between WIFI OR thier computors. On the Liberty you bought the program and it was good for both. Than on the Legend I just thought it was the same, had to buy min. to us thiers to print boarding pass home even though I had $12 left unused on my account:mad:

What is the pricing for use of WiFi in your cabin? I think you have to buy minutes/or packages just like using the internet cafe. If that's true, I will use the internet cafe and not bother to bring laptop.

Judy

b2b Legend

August 19 and August 26, 2007

What is the pricing for use of WiFi in your cabin? I think you have to buy minutes/or packages just like using the internet cafe. If that's true, I will use the internet cafe and not bother to bring laptop.

Judy

b2b Legend

August 19 and August 26, 2007

From Carnival site

To utilize the internet service, the below options are available. Please note that the internet pricing options are identical, whether an Internet Café terminal is utilized, or a laptop. All internet access charges will be billed directly to the guest's onboard “Sail & Sign” Account:

An initial one-time Activation Fee of $3.95 applies to each user.

A basic time charge of $0.75 per minute (“Pay-As-You-Go”) is available. Minutes are rounded to the next full minute.

Discounted “Time Plans” offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans do not have to be used in a single session and can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation; No refund for unused minutes; Upgrading selected pricing option is not available. Plans are subject to change.

Cruises 7 days in length and longer:

100 minutes for $55.00 ($0.55 per minute)

250 minutes for $100.00 ($0.40 per minute)

Cruises less than 7 days in length:

30 minutes for $16.50 ($0.55 per minute)

60 minutes for $24.00 ($0.40 per minute)

This is what I recommend how you can use your time or minutes.

First if you log-on on day 1, embarkation day, you will get free 20 minutes added to what ever package you buy. So if you buy the 100 minute package on day 1, it will be 120 minutes to use.

Logging in and Logging out takes up minutes. If you go to a slow website like Cruise Critic, Cruise Critic was repaired about a month ago, but lately it has been hanging up alot. So if you go to slow websites, you will use up your minutes fast.

If you need to Email or Post info on a Forum like I did with my "Live from the Spirit" thread. The trick is to Write everything ahead of time using Wordpad or Notepad, then Log on immediately and Copy/Paste that info and then Refresh so you can read emails and Log off. That usually takes a total of 6 minutes each time.

Another good Idea is to leave your laptop running and on the page or website you need to be on, that way when you log on, you are already at the Email page or the Website you do your posting on. If you shut down you computer, then it will take lots of minutes navigating your way back to the website. The Internet is run via Satellite so its very slow, it sends out packets of information spread out so give it time to do its thing.

While at the Internet Cafe I saw kids playing computer games on their terminals :eek: Not sure if they were paying but thats kinda crazy.

Fred

Archived