HELP! - we leave in 14 days and still haven't received our documents.

cal101

We leave home on May 3rd for our May 6th cruise on the Avalon Tapestry and still have not received our documents. Our travel agent booked the trip thru Globus. I have called my travel agent and she says this is normal for Globus. I am getting very upset with both my agent and Globus. Has anyone else had a similar experience with Globus/Avalon?

I didn't have that travel agency but we did not get our documents until one day before leaving.... we called the cruise line and they said they did have us on the ship. They even said we could pick up the documents when we got to the ship. The only problem was we had to fly 3000 mile and hope they were right. The tickets came at the last minute. this was the first time we encounter this problem. would recommend calling the cruise line directly to confirm your place on the ship...have your book number handy. hope everything works out......:D and happy sailing....

We had the same problem last year with Avalon, booked thru Globus and a TA. I called Avalon 12 days out and they told me exactly when the docs were sent to my TA. I called my TA and insisted that he ship them to me in overnight mail. He's in Ohio and I'm in Texas. He did and we were all set with 9 days to go before we were to leave. I later learned that it was the airline tickets that caused the delay. You'll have a great trip with Avalon, wish I could go with you.

I have traveled with Globus several times on land tours and the documents usually got to me about 2 to 3 weeks before the trip.They will send the documenst to you TA and your TA will send them on to you. If it will make you feel better contact Globus direct. They are always very nice and helpful and I am sure they will be able to reassure all is good.Their web site is www.globusjourneys.com

Thanks everyone for all your help. I just called Globus and just as letsgo39 said, they answered all my questions and could not have been nicer! They said that there had been a problem with the printer and the documents were being sent 2 day delivery to my travel agent today. Since I only live about 15 min from the travel agency I should have everything by Monday.

Thanks again to all for your advice and reassurance.

Carol

Archived