Insurance Question

vantec

My husband and I are supposed to sail on the CB next Sunday (4/29) and he just let me know we may have to cancel due to a work emergency. We bought insurance through our TA (Sirius America) - I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this company and could give me some pointers, as I've never had to cancel before. We are so disappointed!

Unfortunately, he works for the Government - I don't think they'll be too sympathetic about us missing our cruise. I'm calling the insurance company first thing in the morning, I was just hoping one of you could reassure me that we would get our money back.

Unfortunately, he works for the Government - I don't think they'll be too sympathetic about us missing our cruise. I'm calling the insurance company first thing in the morning, I was just hoping one of you could reassure me that we would get our money back.

Nor is the insurance company going to be sympathetic, there are some policies that allow this, but they are clear up front and quite a bit more expensive, if you did not opt for something special in your policy, you are most likely out of luck.

You may have to find a friend to go with instead of him rather than lose your money....

I would produce my bill of sale and documents with a letter requesting his place of employment reimburse you both for your costs. I bet you'll be on your cruise!

And then on the street looking for work.

Her husband works for the government - if it is anything like my husbands government job,with the unions it is nearly impossible to fire someone.

I was a personnel director for a state agency and I fired hundred of employees...yes I had to go through paperwork and hearings but taking a denied leave will not get a sympathetic hearing from a court and its gotten easier over the years as well....I wouldn't suggest just taking off...the air traffic controllers tried that and very few ever worked for the government again.

Archived