Hair Dryers on CP

MIDNIGHTNMAX

Yes, they have hair dryers. They aren't super powerful but they did the job and I appreciated not having to pack mine. If you wife has hair that is really hard to dry she might want to bring her own.

Edit: I thought you meant on Caribbean Princess, I now see you have CP which I am taking to mean Coral Princess. Sorry, I haven't been on that ship.

My hair is hard to dry AND I'm picky, However to save on packing I left mine home a few weeks ago. We were on the CB in a balcony stateroom and it worked fine, not the greatest, but fine ;)

All Princess ships and all cabins, including the CP (Sea Princess), have hair dryers. They aren't as powerful as you might have at home but they do the job. The biggest factor (to me) in the way your hair will look is that the water is very soft and if your water at home is hard, your hair will behave differently no matter which hair dryer you use.

I didn't pack my dryer last year and sincerely regretted it. My hair is very fine, bone straight and drys almost instantly, but I had trouble in the Caribbean. It just always looked frizzy and flyaway (I'm sure it was the humidity and heat). Honestly, its not much more to pack and I'll have mine from now on.

I always love the way my hair "behaves" when cruising :) . I'm not quite sure what it is - could be high humidity. the water, the Lotus Spa shampoo/conditioner, maybe even the low-powered hairdryer.

The only thing that I sometimes don't like about the stateroom hairdryers is their placement near the balcony door. It can very warm standing or sitting near the door when the sun is beating down, and I've also bumped my "funny bone" a few too many times :p .

One less thing to pack - that's the best thing about the stateroom hairdryer.

Chris

I didn't pack my dryer last year and sincerely regretted it. My hair is very fine, bone straight and drys almost instantly, but I had trouble in the Caribbean. It just always looked frizzy and flyaway (I'm sure it was the humidity and heat). Honestly, its not much more to pack and I'll have mine from now on.
I agree! I need my own with me, the one on the ship does not have enough power.

I would say bring it just in case and then test out the one on the ship. Then you'll know in the future whether you want it.

My hair does the frizzy flyaway thing too when I am in the humid weather. My family calls it my "tropical hair"! :eek:

I'm on vacation...a quick pony tail or braid and I'm ready to go...and hair claws work wonders. Besides, you're just going to the pool, or the spa, or to the beach, or for a walk, or "really, who cares".;)

Now, the reality is that I have lots of hair and the hairdryers supplied, like 90% of hotels, are the nice compact ones. Unless you are intent on drying your hair in 2 minutes they work just fine.

But.....on vacation I do envy my husband's haircut. Clippers used at a 1/16th of an inch and he complains that he still has too much hair. Oh, well.:)

Archived