View of Brooklyn Terminal from Hotel

sirdavid

We are sailing on the QM2 from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. Does anyone know if there is a possibility of being able to see the QM2 dock at the terminal from a tower room at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott.

We are sailing on the QM2 from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. Does anyone know if there is a possibility of being able to see the QM2 dock at the terminal from a tower room at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott.

Probably not there are too many things between you and the pier, no one has reported seeing it from their room at the hotel. You can see it clearly as you go over the Brooklyn Bridge from the water side. I suspect that with the pier in the way the buildings, that you probably won't/ The tower rooms are new this year so it may but its at the North end of the Hotel and the Pier is to your south west.....about 2 miles as the crow flies...

The Brooklyn Marriott is not all that tall, about 10-15 stories. Plus there are many other buildings in the MetroTech development in downtown Brooklyn which would block the view. Unfortunately the Brooklyn Marriott doesn't have many "Scenic" rooms based on its location in downtown Brooklyn. Sorry.

The Brooklyn Marriott is not all that tall, about 10-15 stories. Plus there are many other buildings in the MetroTech development in downtown Brooklyn which would block the view. Unfortunately the Brooklyn Marriott doesn't have many "Scenic" rooms based on its location in downtown Brooklyn. Sorry.

Metro tech is east of the Marriott and not between the Pier and the Hotel at all> The Pier is Southwest from the hotel. There are new buildings that are tall but the new tower building in the Marriott is I think about 20 stories tall(I am on the community board that approved the sale of the city owned property to the hotel to build the new tower). Between the Hotel and the pier is the Brookltn Law school buildings, the 12 plex movie theatre and some old office buildings(16 and 32 Court Street), there are few buildings that are that tall looking that way. But as I said before the Tower is new and I haven't heard for sure one way or another but I doubt it. Yesterday the QM 2 was in port I saw it easily from the Brooklyn Bridge and BQE south of the cruise terminal.

Archived