Which State Room/Cabin on the Fascination do I pick?

Sominex30

1) My PVP informs me that since I am a past Carnival guest I can pay for "Ocean View Guarantee" but am allowed to pick whatever State room I want.

Which one is the absolute best to choose? What are the differences?? Is it possible to get one with a balcony for the "OV" price?

2) Our 2 friends are coming with us and getting a cabin. They are going to pay for "OV", but won't receive the free upgrade. Is there ANY way we can request them to be next to our cabin? Or at least somewhat near by?

Thanks all!

1) My PVP informs me that since I am a past Carnival guest I can pay for "Ocean View Guarantee" but am allowed to pick whatever State room I want.

Which one is the absolute best to choose? What are the differences?? Is it possible to get one with a balcony for the "OV" price?

2) Our 2 friends are coming with us and getting a cabin. They are going to pay for "OV", but won't receive the free upgrade. Is there ANY way we can request them to be next to our cabin? Or at least somewhat near by?

Thanks all!

There is no way to know 100% yet with the info that you (and your PVP) provided...

What it sounds like is that...

You are paying the OV Guarantee price (which means that you don't get to choose your cabin normally), but your "upgrade" is that you get to choose your cabin... (which would technically be an upgrade for that)...

Then if I was to choose an OV on Fascination (or any Fantasy Class Carnival Ship)...

If they are available...

I would choose first off...

Something on Upper Deck mid ship...

U116 to about U149 (I'm not going to mention cabins number by number, but obviously none of the inside cabins in these numbers)...

Then, second choice...

U63, U64, U65, U66...

Third choice (even though it's higher on the ship, and technically more expensive - not a fan, because it's under a lot of public areas)...

Empress Deck - make sure that it's nothing under the galley!

E82 to E111 (again ignore the cabin numbers in there that are insides)...

That way they are midship, under the dining room - which believe it or not doesn't get a lot of noise from above - and convenient...

DO NOT choose anything from E114 to E193 as you have a major chance to be under the Galley and it depends on each particular ship and timing on where they have their kitchen equipment at that time, but major likelyhood of kitchen equipment noise over your head...

I hope this helps in some way...

Please let us know what you end up choosing...

CJW

There is no way to know 100% yet with the info that you (and your PVP) provided...

What it sounds like is that...

You are paying the OV Guarantee price (which means that you don't get to choose your cabin normally), but your "upgrade" is that you get to choose your cabin... (which would technically be an upgrade for that)...

Then if I was to choose an OV on Fascination (or any Fantasy Class Carnival Ship)...

If they are available...

I would choose first off...

Something on Upper Deck mid ship...

U116 to about U149 (I'm not going to mention cabins number by number, but obviously none of the inside cabins in these numbers)...

Then, second choice...

U63, U64, U65, U66...

Third choice (even though it's higher on the ship, and technically more expensive - not a fan, because it's under a lot of public areas)...

Empress Deck - make sure that it's nothing under the galley!

E82 to E111 (again ignore the cabin numbers in there that are insides)...

That way they are midship, under the dining room - which believe it or not doesn't get a lot of noise from above - and convenient...

DO NOT choose anything from E114 to E193 as you have a major chance to be under the Galley and it depends on each particular ship and timing on where they have their kitchen equipment at that time, but major likelyhood of kitchen equipment noise over your head...

I hope this helps in some way...

Please let us know what you end up choosing...

CJW

Hey CJW, thanks for chiming in! I love the advice! You gave me just the clarification I was looking for!

I have a question. The rooms you suggested would all have 2 beds each in them. Do all the cabins have the option of pushing the 2 beds together to make a KING sized bed? My girlfriend and I would definitely want that.

Are the cabins in the different Ocean View cabins the SAME SIZE? The more room inside the cabin the better right?

mid ship, sandwiched between 2 passenger decks. on fantasy class, i believe that is upper deck. if you need a triple or a quad, you'll have difficulty getting a midship location, you'll have to go aft, unless you can get a cat12. had one of those in february -- very nice. if you need a quad, you can book a suite guaranty at a bit of a savings, and be guaranteed a cat 12, and not a cat 11 (which is forward and up higher), b/c cat 11s cannot accomodate 4.

mid ship, sandwiched between 2 passenger decks. on fantasy class, i believe that is upper deck. if you need a triple or a quad, you'll have difficulty getting a midship location, you'll have to go aft, unless you can get a cat12. had one of those in february -- very nice. if you need a quad, you can book a suite guaranty at a bit of a savings, and be guaranteed a cat 12, and not a cat 11 (which is forward and up higher), b/c cat 11s cannot accomodate 4.

Thanks for the reply! My girlfriend and I are going to pick our cabin (with the free upgrade), and our friends will just have to get the luck of the draw with the "OV Guarantee". It's ok though....

But, since there are just 2 of us (My girlfriend and I), what would you reccomend? We will be on the Fascination sailing October 22nd.

Category 11 is a suite right? I don't think they'll give me one of those as the "free upgrade"

Thanks for the reply! My girlfriend and I are going to pick our cabin (with the free upgrade), and our friends will just have to get the luck of the draw with the "OV Guarantee". It's ok though....

But, since there are just 2 of us (My girlfriend and I), what would you reccomend? We will be on the Fascination sailing October 22nd.

Category 11 is a suite right? I don't think they'll give me one of those as the "free upgrade"

i wldn't recommend a cat 11 anyway. on this class of ship, there is a big difference between the cat 11 and the cat 12, and they cost the same. isn't really a good system. cat 11s are also high and forward, more rocky, more motion of the ocean felt. i'd stick w/ upper aft (the back), w/o a doubt. anything in the block of rooms just aft of the suites. not true aft, and not forward unless you have cruise b/4, been in these locations, and know they don't bother you. see deck plans on carnival.com (click on funships; select fascination; go to deck plans; select upper deck).

Well... They didn't have a lot of the MID SECTIONS available on Upper Deck.

I ended up with CABIN U158

Is that a bad cabin? It's far enough away from the elevators for my taste, BUT it has one of those fold up beds on the wall. I stayed in a cabin like that before and it was fine with 3 people. Just not sure how it would be with just the girlfriend and I, etc.

Any thoughts?

Is that a bad cabin? It's far enough away from the elevators for my taste, BUT it has one of those fold up beds on the wall. I stayed in a cabin like that before and it was fine with 3 people. Just not sure how it would be with just the girlfriend and I, etc.

Any thoughts?

Anyone?

-- When speaking of this "past guest free upgrade" .... if all the rooms are the same size, why is more adventageous to get higher/lower decks? If the rooms were BIGGER, I could understand why, but they aren't.

Any thoughts?

seems like a very nice location. one caveat to this though...and others will correct me if i'm wrong, but, if i understand you correctly, you booked a triple when you only need a double. you cld (and will) get bumped from this cabin if they need your triple to accomodate a party of 3 at any time prior to sailing.

who booked this for you? they shld have told you this. can you change to a double in the same general vicinity? better to do it know while there may be better cabin choice, than to wait until the ship fills up.

shocking, i know. i really didn't think they wld ever do this, especially if you paid for a cabin assignment, but i have read on here that it has, in fact, been done. hopefully someone can clarify this further, and confirm that this also happens w/ cabin assignments.

can you get 156 or 157 (stay away from connecting to, if you don't need it), b/c if they need it, they'll offer to "upgrade" you which might be to a higher deck (so technically, an upgrade), but to a worse location (so in reality, a downgrade).

if not, can you get 170, 174, 181, or 185?

It's far enough away from the elevators for my taste, BUT it has one of those fold up beds on the wall. I stayed in a cabin like that before and it was fine with 3 people. Just not sure how it would be with just the girlfriend and I, etc.

Any thoughts?

i think you might be confusing this. this isn't a double w/ one up and one down.

you have booked a triple: 2 lowers; 1 upper (see previous posts). i think you shld switch out of this to avoid the risk of being bumped.

can you get 156 or 157 (stay away from connecting to, if you don't need it), b/c if they need it, they'll offer to "upgrade" you which might be to a higher deck (so technically, an upgrade), but to a worse location (so in reality, a downgrade).

if not, can you get 170, 174, 181, or 185?

181 is the only one left available. I am tempted to take it, but she said it's on the side of the boat that is NOT port side. I kinda wanted the port view. But it doesn't really matter I suppose.

OK, I will ask her to change me to 181 now

seems like a very nice location. one caveat to this though...and others will correct me if i'm wrong, but, if i understand you correctly, you booked a triple when you only need a double. you cld (and will) get bumped from this cabin if they need your triple to accomodate a party of 3 at any time prior to sailing.

who booked this for you? they shld have told you this. can you change to a double in the same general vicinity? better to do it know while there may be better cabin choice, than to wait until the ship fills up.

shocking, i know. i really didn't think they wld ever do this, especially if you paid for a cabin assignment, but i have read on here that it has, in fact, been done. hopefully someone can clarify this further, and confirm that this also happens w/ cabin assignments.

Sorry, forgot to answer your question. My PVP booked it for me. She said it wouldn't be a problem, but she definitely didn't say there was a chance I could get booted if a party of 3 needs a triple room.

--- ARE THERE ANY DIFFERENCE IN ROOM SIZES with the various STANDARD categories (not talking about Suites)

I am booked in E172 on the Fascination this December. It looks like it is under the galley. What kind of noise is it and how bad? I wear hearing aids, but not while sleeping, so maybe it wouldn't bother me.

Sewut

We were in R97 April 9-13, 2007. We prefer a private balcony stateroom, but the Fascination only has a very few suites with balconies. We were very happy in R97 ocean view stateroom (picture window, not port holes).

...ARE THERE ANY DIFFERENCE IN ROOM SIZES with the various STANDARD categories (not talking about Suites)

no. not that i am aware of. there are certain classes of ship which have extended balconies, but this isn't one of them. the OV rooms are the same s/f insofar as i know.

I got 181 booked! I kinda wanted to make sure I was on the side of the ship that docks to port, but oh well! I am glad I have a standard DOUBLE room now! And not that "extra bunk" hanging on the wall.

Anything else I should know about U 181? Noise? Comfort? TV Type? etc?

Thanks guys!

I got 181 booked! I kinda wanted to make sure I was on the side of the ship that docks to port, but oh well! I am glad I have a standard DOUBLE room now! And not that "extra bunk" hanging on the wall.

Anything else I should know about U 181? Noise? Comfort? TV Type? etc?

Thanks guys!

:confused: i don't think anyone can ever tell which slip the ship will pull into. i think either side, you'll see at least one port at one time or another. if i'm wrong, and if there is any science to knowing this for certain, i'm sure someone will post to coreect. but insofar as making sure you book on port or starboard? i've never cared about that, have been on both, and have seen ports on both.

Archived