cribs/play pens available??

DaisyGirl55

My DH and I are taking our grown kids and on a family cruise next September. 1 son is married, and will have 2 kids by then (10 months and 20 months old). The other 2 are just bringing their significant others.

My question is this...Does Carnival (or any other cruiseline) have cribs for the babies in the rooms? My son, his wife, and the 2 kids will be in one room - probably an outside, oceanview cabin. Not sure if they have to bring their own portable crib.

We're traveling on Carnival next month, our TA said she would request a crib for us but we are going to bring our pack n play. I figured that going on the cruise would be an adjustment anyways for our little one (she'll be 20 months) so she might as well have something to sleep in that she is familiar with. It won't be a problem for us to bring it since we're driving to port. If we had to fly I would probably think otherwise and go with what the ship had.

I'm a new grandma, so can you explain what a pack-n-play is?

Sounds like something I may want to buy and keep at my house for my granddaughter.

We are also driving to the port, so we won't have to worry about transporting it on a plane.

Is there enough room in an oceanview cabin for 2 of these?

Thanks so much for your help!

A pack-n-play is definitely a good thing to keep at grama's house for naps and overnights. We travel with our own, but wouldn't have to drag it to gramas if grama had one. :) It's like what you think of when you think play pen, but portable. It folds up into a bag it comes with. The fancier ones have attachments like a bassinet (inserts into the play pen area so you don't have to bend over so far when they're really little) and changing tables. Ours insn't so fancy, but it does the job. Lots of companies make them, but here's a fancy example. http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2011&e=detail&selcat=bgpy&pid=38593

Is there enough room for two? Depends on how much walk around space you'll want and what ship you're on. Sounds cramped to me, but maybe someone else can answer better.

I'm hoping that in our balcony room it won't take up much space. They're rectagular so they fit in a corner or small space quite well. Regardless though, I am planning on folding it up each morning so we don't lose valuable space while in our room. They are very easy to fold and unfold.

Archived