week before easter and easter week

Shipbound

Hello, I just returned from a cruise the week before Easter. There were a lot of kids and it wasn't a problem at all. In fact I really enjoyed seeing them have such fun. That from someone who frequently calls them rugrats.:) To me, they had a blast without being rude, pushy or overly-rowdy.

We just cruised over Easter on the Legend. I have a 4yr old and personally didn't feel the ship was over run by children. Although the pre-teens & teenagers were a different story. They were basically unsupervised and pretty rowdy. :( I think it is sad that some parents get a false sense of security on a cruise and let there kids have the run of the ship.

Would I cruise again over springbreak/easter? Yes, if I "had" to but we are avoiding it next year. :cool:

Regardless... you'll have a great time on your cruise!

I'm still waiting to see what our school calendar looks like for next year, but with Easter coming so early I'm guessing there's a good chance our Spring Break could coincide. So, I'm interested in the OP's question also. We're going to cruise over our Spring Break in 2008 or 2009...just trying to figure out if Easter would make it a double whammy or if March is busy no matter what. :confused:

As the above poster said, it really depends on when Easter falls on the calendar. Our spring break is always the first week in April - no matter when Easter is. It just so happened to be the week before Easter this time. Next year, Easter is very early (March 23), so in our state (Georgia) no one will be on spring break.

We just returned from the 4/8 sailing aboard the Victory. We brought our teenagers. The ship was totally overrun with kids. It was Kids Gone Wild!!!! We expected it to be so it wasn't a shock. There were groups of kids running and yelling up and down the halls late at night. Kids were laying in the hallways. Kids would run into the elevators as soon as it would open instead of letting people get off first. Would I go on another cruise during Spring Break??? Probably not. Just know what you're getting into.

Just know that since I see you are from CT and would have to fly to the port...that airline prices are REALLY expensive during those 2 weeks. I made the mistake of booking Disney for that week last year. And although we can usually fly into Orlando direct for $117 any time of year...THOSE weeks were $399-$999 per person direct flights. :eek:

So the 2 weeks surrounding Easter are an expensive time to travel. We held off this year till the last week of April/1st week of May.

We sailed Easter week on the Spirit and there were a lot of kids. The smaller children were fine but the teens were terrible. They were disrespectful, laying down in the elevators, eating in the elevators, pushing all of the buttons, and sitting butted up against the elevator doors. We literally had to step up over 4 bodies to get off of the elevator on the lido deck. They were doing repulsive dance moves, making out, & walking on the furniture. I was on an elevator with 4 teens that were sitting and laying on the floor of the elevator. They had pushed every button so the elevator stopped at every floor. I accidently missed my deck and I said, "Oops, I missed my floor." One of the teen boys looked at me and said, "Get your lazy butt off and take the stairs."

This was our first cruise. I was shocked and outraged that neither the parents or ship security didn't have a handle of the teenagers!

~Cari

and have my 4th in the plans. Have done them on the both coasts and loved them!! The ships never seem "over run" with kids and I've never had a bad experience with them. If you travel with kids it's great,they make life long fiends and have a great time. We are actually trying to plan with a family we met on the Miracle this year! I will do it as long as the pocket book allows.

If your looking for a quiet time, obviously this isn't the time to go.

Airfare~ I found decent airfare thru Southwest. I will tell you, that we cruised, including the airfare (on the Miracle) for what just the cruise would have been on the west coast this year! :rolleyes:

Happy Cruising!

Donna

I went 3/3/07 and 4/9/07 (which was the week of Easter) and out of those two cruises I would do the Easter again in a hearbeat! Cruising with the teenagers and younger kids was much better than cruising with the drunk college kids! In March the ship was overrun with rude, obnoxious, drunk, trouble maker, fighting college students.

We just sailed the week after Easter and there were kids everywhere! I have two myself so I'm not really complaining. I agree with an earlier poster that said that the little kids were no problem, but the 12-20 year olds were BAD! They were rude, rowdy and loud. It was as if their parents brought them onboard, but then forgot about them! Even my sons, (9 &11) said that there were too many "obnoxious" kids on the ship.

I'm not sure if I would ever cruise at this time of the year again.

We just did 4/9 Easter sail. The teens were fine 11-12 yr olds runnin around at 2 am not so good. Pushin elevator buttons laying in elevator blocking the door. I'm a mom said" going over you or through you your choice" usually they move. Thought the 20 somethings over running pool and buffet were much worse.

Archived