More Questions

I've already posted a thread titled something to the effect of Cruise Wedding-Where to begin?

Thought I'd start anew with a few other questions.

Oure wedding date should be near the 15th of December.

We've decided to go with Royal Carribbean and will probably be booking directly through the cruiseline instead of with The Wedding Experience. I know I've heard some horror stories with Royal Romance but I've read a lot of positive posts too and I think I'm going to go ahead and take the risk.

We've decided to go with the Duet package since we will be having a teeny tiny wedding and the little extras that come with the upgrades don't mean enough to us to be worth the extra money.

We will be buying the tuxes and gowns and such seperately instead of through the ship or coordinators.

We are a little selfish and don't want any of our extra guests, which will total 10 or fewer, travelling with us. Our wedding will be preembarkation and we won't be holding an onboard reception. I can't see spending the extra money for an hour reception for 10 guests, 1/2 of which are in the wedding party anyway. What we would like to do is take lots and lots of pictures of the ceremony and cruise possibly pay for the wedding video option and put together a big album. We will have parties for non-attending guests on both sides of the country (our family is split between the east coast and Arizona!) following the cruise.

So my questions are this:

With such a small group and only the two of us sailing, is it suggested to still go through a travel agent and if so, how do I find one?

When boarding the ship and preparing for the ceremony, dressing and hair and makeup and such, I am sort of traditional when it comes to some things and traditionally the bride and groom shouldn't see each other the day of the wedding until the bride walks down the aisle. Are arrangements made to ensure that the bride and groom are kept separately till the ceremony. If I have no choice but to board with him, then so be it, but then, I know I definately don't want him to see me in my dress before the ceremony but we will only have one stateroom on board since no relatives or friends will be sailing with us. How can this be handled?

I have almost decided to go with an on board salon appointment since I don't know if I want to try to handle hair and tiara and makeup. I might just take my tiara to my wonderful hairstylist here and just get her to teach me how to do something simple. I do have chin length bobbed hair so it might not be too difficult to come up with something really simple.

Time is just not going to pass quickly enough!!! We still have 496 days till the projected wedding date!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Then the biggest question of all. And no one can answer this for me. Will the money be in order in time!? We are figuring we really need about $5000 to reserve the tickets and ceremony and all. And we want to put in our reservations by December of this year. 4 months. Here we go!

Hi,

I have not had my wedding yet, but here is what I have learned so far.

1) You have to board all at once with your guests, and fiance, so I don't think there is any way for him not to see you during that time (at least as far as I have read so far).

2) Maybe you could work out something with your fiance so that he had the room for a while, and then you could have it for the final hour before the wedding. That way he won't see you get into the dress and everything? That is what we are going to do.

3) You do have to pay for the wedding all at once, but all that is needed on the cruise is a down payment (we pd $500 down on our 7 day cruise). The final payment on the cruise is not due until 60 days before departure.

4) I used an online travel agent and save $500 off the cruise. But - since we can't post travel agency names anymore, I can't say which one! If you would like, let me know your email address and I will send you the info.

Congrats on the wedding plans! I hope this helps some!

Archived