Cabin Selection: CB - D734 vs. C501 or C503

tarheelmjfan

We're new to Princess & are unfamiliar with their ships. From all I've read, it seems many people prefer the cabins on the Caribe Deck. We love AFT cabins on Celebrity, but don't know how they compare to those on Princess. Which of the listed cabins on Caribbean Princess would you choose based mostly on the balcony? TIA

The Caribe deck cabins you listed on located on the side of the ship. The balcony will be sized 9 ft. wide x 9 ft deep with ceiling overhang over the first 5 ft. You will overlook the Dolphin deck balconies below and then the water.

The Dolphin deck cabin you listed ( D734) is a regular balcony cabin but is located fully aft. The interior of the cabin will be the same as the Caribe deck cabins you listed but the balcony will be slightly larger at around 11 ft. wide x 10 ft. deep and will be fully covered by ceiling overhang. You will overlook the ship's wake.

I am an "aft" lover, I would go with D734.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

Love the aft cabins for sure! We just came off the CB from D736 (A VS Suite) right next door to D734. Since no one walks by your room to get anywhere the aft hallway is very quiet. You feel like you are on the boat by yourself sitting on your balcony.

The only downside for some is the additional motion aft. There was definitely more movement in our cabin vs. one of the dinning rooms for example.

Thanks for the input. We too love AFT cabins, but haven't been in one of Princess'. I'm glad to see they're as fabulous as they are on X. :)

Just today, I read that none of Princess' balcony cabins have a pull-out couch. I'm not sure how our son will feel about sleeping in a pull-down bed. We're now tossing around the idea of getting a mini-suite just for the pull-out couch.

The size of the balcony cabins would work fine. Based on the square footage on the Princess site, they're larger than the CC cabins on Celebrity. We have plenty of room in those. It's the lack of a couch that has me 2nd guessing. Hopefully, D734 will still be available, when we decide for certain which to book.

We had the same dilemma for our upcoming cruise on the Crown. We decided on the D734.

After sailing in March on Carnival (we had an aft with one of those lovely wrap around balconies) we decided right there and then that the way to go was the aft. The views are incredible and when you pull in or out of a port you get to see all sides. Outstanding.

The extra motion for us was a gentle rocking to sleep at night. There might have been some during the day but whenever we were in our cabin during the day we were always out on the balcony so never really noticed it.

BTW on the full aft balconies on the Dolphin deck, they are fully covered. For us (sailing in July) this is a good thing because we might just welcome a bit of shade.

As someone else said, you can't really go wrong with either choice. Talk about a win-win situation! LOL But for me, the aft wins!

Kim

Archived