Carnival Triumph

jpg1747

I'm considering booking a cruise on this ship for Thanksgiving week to the Eastern Caribbean. I've never sailed on Carnival before - I've been on Princess, NCL, Costa, Royal and RCCL (Princess is by far my favorite). The price is very good for a 1A cabin for a single. Not sure what I'll do for airfare yet.

Will I like this ship and this line? Has anyone else been on this ship? What do I need to know about it? How is it for a solo older woman? I've cruised alone before and I like it. I'd rather pay a supplement than get stuck with a non-compatible roommate.

Thanks.

Judy

Judy:

I was looking at Carnival for the excellent prices on their cruises for the fall but have never sailed them before. Several of my friends who have sailed them and Princess both told me that I had already been ruined and probably wouldn't care for Carnival. I'm still going to keep them in mind for the fall.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to give Carnival a try. I'm doing Thanksgiving week on the Triumph. I got a great deal on a cabin. Their single supplement is so much less than Princess. I'd rather pay a supplement that get stuck with a stranger for roommate.

October will be my 4th Carnival cruise -- first one on a really big Carnival ship. I'll be on Triumph on October 6th -- if anyone is with me, look for the roll call. I too decided to pay a $125 supplement to pass on a stranger for a roommate. This will be my first solo cruise -- should be interesting.

Hi all,

My two cents worth about the Triumph. I went solo this past January and had a great time. It was my first cruise so i went all out. Balcony new cloths and everything. I had a wonderful time and will be booking again here for the freedom in a couple of weeks. I am sometimes quite shy. I find that just saying something nice to someone to start the conversation is a HUGE ice breaker. I found everyone willing to chat. Yes I mentioned I was solo and no over cast glares came by. Every time someone I met saw me some place they would wave and say hello. On shore Excurtions in groups from the ship (saftey) I was well cared for by either people in the group or the tour guides. I NEVER was afraid. I made may friends and had a blast. I say go for it. Life isn't ment to be watched from the sidelines.

I'm scheduled for my third solo cruise in July. It's not on the Triumph, but I've been on the Triumph as recently as February. I'm not crazy about the layout (to get to somewhere on the other end of the ship on some floors, you have to go up or down two floors, down the hall and then back to the floor you wanted to be), but I enjoyed the cruise. I would definitely do a solo Triumph if the price is right.

I've seen several people mention that they didn't want to share a cabin with a stranger. Where do you get that option? There have been a few cruises I missed out on because I couldn't pay the supplement and couldn't find anyone else to go. As far as I know, most cruise lines will not match you with someone.

I've seen several people mention that they didn't want to share a cabin with a stranger. Where do you get that option? There have been a few cruises I missed out on because I couldn't pay the supplement and couldn't find anyone else to go. As far as I know, most cruise lines will not match you with someone.

The only one that I know of that has a roommate service is Holland America.

Archived