Parking at Brooklyn Terminal

Lostinthe50s

Could anyone please give me information about parking in Brooklyn. From what I read it says lot is 200-300 yds from the terminal. They have room for 500 cars and do not take reservations. Taking a Limo there would be very expensive. Any help on this would be appreciated

Thank you

When we sailed on the Crown last summer there was plenty of parking and the lot is very well layed out and close to the entrance to the terminal. We are planning on driving and parking there this summer. Last year we took a limo and it was much more expensive.

When we sailed on the Crown last summer there was plenty of parking and the lot is very well layed out and close to the entrance to the terminal. We are planning on driving and parking there this summer. Last year we took a limo and it was much more expensive.

Thanks for your reply- The Limo with tip would be about $350.00 round trip. parking is around $200 with taxes. My main concern was distance to terminal

hill5 is correct ... there is lots of convenient parking right at the pier. My only suggestion is that you should make sure that you get good directions. Our bus driver (Princess Transfer) could not find his way from the airport. I finally convinced him to let me get off the bus to ask directions. I had to do this several times ... but we made it!!!!

Has any body got any idea what a taxi would cost from Manhatten to the terminal please ?

Val

depending from where in Manhattan(assuming midtown) in the $25.00 range,,,remember to tell them its in Brooklyn right behind the Brooklyn Battery tunnel. Better yet have directions from your hotel to show them...yes I know they are supposed to know. Get into the cab first don't ask them if they know where it is.

The Parking has NEVER been full so far even over labor day when the QM was on a roundtrip to Halifax...

also the Parking is really close I don't know why they say 200 to 300 yards except to the futhest spaces and there is plenty of help! But you drop the luggage and your party off before you park and just you the driver come back from the lot.

If any one wants I have pictures....

We sailed on the Crown last September and parked with no problem at all. We arrived at about 11 a.m. and I dropped my wife and luggage off right at the front doorway. Porters whisked it away as fast as it came out of the car. The lot is quite large and most cars from the previous cruise had already left. My car was even with the bow of the ship and I had less than 100 yards to walk back to the terminal. We paid the parking when we returned and even though it is automated, there are several attendants there to help. You will do fine, and enjoy your cruise.

The ship is literally a two minute walk from your car. Even if you had to make two or three trips to bring your luggage, you wouldn't break a sweat, that is how close the parking is to the ship.

Of any cruise port I've been to, the Brooklyn terminal is by far the best and easiest to access.

Drive and don't worry.

Here is their website:

http://www.nycruiseterminal.com/terminalBKN.html

depending from where in Manhattan(assuming midtown) in the $25.00 range,,,remember to tell them its in Brooklyn right behind the Brooklyn Battery tunnel. Better yet have directions from your hotel to show them...yes I know they are supposed to know. Get into the cab first don't ask them if they know where it is.

The Parking has NEVER been full so far even over labor day when the QM was on a roundtrip to Halifax...

also the Parking is really close I don't know why they say 200 to 300 yards except to the futhest spaces and there is plenty of help! But you drop the luggage and your party off before you park and just you the driver come back from the lot.

If any one wants I have pictures....

Thanks so much for that advice, I will probably be asking again before we leave NZ. but its all starting to freak me out, a whole new ball game for us coming to NY and fending for ourselves :) :Probably just getting a bit to old for all the drama :eek:

so you pay when you return from your cruise? upon leaving after the cruise, or do you pay when you arrive to park?

when you return. They have automatic payment machines inside the terminal as you leave that gives you a card to exit(you enter the card you recieved when you parked your car- just like the NY area airports)....

Archived