Leaving and Re-joining a Cruise

chica

We are taking a 15 night South American Cruise next Feb. Since vacation time is precious I am not able to do a pre or post tour of Iguassu Falls, so I am looking into leaving the ship in Rio and then taking this trip during what would be two sea days and then re-joining the cruise in Buenos Aires. Is there any problem with this? Do I need to notify RCCL as soon as plans are finalized or can I just let the purser know when we come on board?

Thanks!

Chica

Chica - When we were on a Celebrity cruise several years ago (owned by RCL) in Europe we left the ship on our port day for Rome then re-joined the following day on our port day of Florence. We wanted to spend longer in Rome. We then took an early evening train to Florence and spent the night there. That gave us more time in Florence. We cleared it with Guest Relations who approved it.

Another option you might consider. I am booked on Celebrity's Journey for Nov 29 for a 12 night South America cruise. It has an overnight in Itajai, Brazil and although the excursion has not been posted yet, the reason for the overnight in Itajai is for the sole purpose of doing an (overnight) excursion to the Falls. Right now, if you book an outside or balcony cabin you can get roundtrip air/transfers for only $600 (at least from San Antonio).

Archived