Carnival Glory April 7 - 14 review (Western)

PaulMedik

Hi Paul and family,

Thank you for posting and sharing your cruise with all of us. The pictures are awesome! The Glory is a beautiful ship. I have cruised on the Glory and had a wonderful time. :)

Honeybea

Sept '07 or Sept '08? We have a GREAT group going 9-27-08........GREAT RATES..........wanna come along?

Sept '07 - although it looks like we will be doing the Triumph instead. No plans for Sept '08 yet, we just might have to go!

Thank you Paul. I'm not in a big hurry. I just really appreciate you taking the time to do such a great review and to answer all of our questions!!!

RLG1023,

You're welcome. I've got the first two capers scanned and uploaded. Hopefully I'll get them all scanned tonight. The schedules may not show up well here, but you can click on the picture then full size it on Webshots and be able to read it.

2114868590065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

2009070190065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

2934755760065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

2131219150065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Sandi149,

Thank you.

travgurl,

Thank you.

chanclay,

Thank you.

Honeybea,

Thank you.

dzcruisers,

Several members of our CC roll call did the Cave tubing / zip line tours through private operators, and snorkeling tours through Carnival and all have said they had a great time. I haven't read or heard of any negative experiences in Belize during our time there.

This is my first post on cruise critic, after being an avid reader for some months now. I have to say (and it's not exactly original, given the comments you've already received), this is the best review I've read. We are travelling to Orlando from Australia for 4 weeks in Sept/Oct, incl. a week on the Glory. I've shown our 3 kids your photos, and it brought it all to life for them. I particularly loved our 6 year old daughter's response when she saw your 6 year old with his face painted. Our daughter was "oh wow, can I get my face painted when I go on the boat Mummy" - now she's officially excited about "the boat". In fact, Disney World has dropped down a notch compared to the face painting!

I noticed on your scanned invoice there were lots of Camp Carnival charges - pardon my ignorance, but I thought that was included in the cost (unless after 10pm). Are there additional charges for using Camp Carnival?

This is my first post on cruise critic, after being an avid reader for some months now. I have to say (and it's not exactly original, given the comments you've already received), this is the best review I've read. We are travelling to Orlando from Australia for 4 weeks in Sept/Oct, incl. a week on the Glory. I've shown our 3 kids your photos, and it brought it all to life for them. I particularly loved our 6 year old daughter's response when she saw your 6 year old with his face painted. Our daughter was "oh wow, can I get my face painted when I go on the boat Mummy" - now she's officially excited about "the boat". In fact, Disney World has dropped down a notch compared to the face painting!

I noticed on your scanned invoice there were lots of Camp Carnival charges - pardon my ignorance, but I thought that was included in the cost (unless after 10pm). Are there additional charges for using Camp Carnival?

tmbhl_on_the_go,

Thank you.

You are correct; Camp Carnival is free until 10:00PM.

The extra Camp Carnival charges are for late night parties for our six and ten year olds, photos purchased from Camp Carnival, and some items they purchased while at Camp Carnival. As you can tell from our invoice, we aren't good at not purchasing the photos. :o We are getting better though because that's our lowest invoice total ever!

Wow PaulMedic...thanks so much for the great review and pictures...I am posting a link to it on "our" Roll Call for Glory that leaves this Sat, May 5, we are also doing the Western but with Nassau instead of Freeport

Super review, I really enjoyed the rare pics of the spa/gym and the food pics...very cool....I also loved the pics of your good looking family, especially that cute picture of your boys with "dog" in Mexico, and I love the ones of your sleepy little guy!

Great review and very informative...

I would appreciate your advice, and any other Glory-cruisers, on these 2 questions..thanks in advance

I guess you did not go to the supper club with the kids, but IF you were going to pick a night to skip the regular dining room which would you choose??

and 2) Glad to hear self disembark worked so well for you, that was the ONLY thing I could complain about on my Imagination cruise last year...self-disembark was pretty much a mess *cruise itself was great

I am still in a quandry as to how to disembark...we will be picked up by the Marriott Courtyard shuttle....does anyone know how/when shuttle guests leave the ship?? Self or regular or any advice...thanks again

sharecruises,

Thank you.

If I had to pick a night, I would pick Thursday night (Second formal night). Thursday is a sea day so we wouldn't be rushed to get ready.

The Hertz shuttle driver said he begins making pick ups at the port at 07:30. I noticed quite a few different shuttles coming and going while we were there.

• 4 weeks later...

Paul,

Hate to be redundant.....WOW what a review!!!!! Going on the Glory later this year and I am soooo excited now!!! (Like I wasn't before?!?!) Great job on the "how to's" of posting pictures, great learning experience. Thanks too for the link to the Bahamas posting.

Keep up the awesome work and I can't wait to hear about your next cruise!

Jackie

• 3 weeks later...

This was an AMAZING review!

Getting ready to cruise with our 3 girls ages 14, 12 and 6 and found your review VERY helpful!

In fact, decided to do Paradise Beach based on your visit!

THANKS SO MUCH!!

Thanks so much for the review. it really was a pleasure to read. i leave on the 30th with my sister to go to miami. we go on the Valor on the 1st. i am a first time cruiser. i have gotten journals for my sister and i so that we will remember the trip. you have provided alot of info. So thanks again.

Paul, what a wonderful review! Thanks so much for taking the time to share it, and your awesome pictures, with the rest of us.

DH and I will be on the Glory in January, and reading your review and seeing the pictures made me all the more excited to go!

• 2 weeks later...

What a wonderful review! Sounds like a fun family vacation. Thanks for sharing it with us. We sailed her with the kids and grandkids in '03 and I am looking foward to boarding her again this September.

• 6 months later...

Paul, Once again thanks for the awesome review. Our cruise got delayed from Sept until January 26. Can't wait! With a little research, found your review again and got even more excited. It certainly got us even more enthused about being on the Glory. We are headed for Paradise Beach in Cozumel and that seafood platter to SHARE! Thanks again for the effort you put into this review.:)

Paul, Once again thanks for the awesome review. Our cruise got delayed from Sept until January 26. Can't wait! With a little research, found your review again and got even more excited. It certainly got us even more enthused about being on the Glory. We are headed for Paradise Beach in Cozumel and that seafood platter to SHARE! Thanks again for the effort you put into this review.:)

dzcruisers,

I'm sorry your September cruise was delayed, but now that the new date is almost here it's actually a good thing eh? ;) :)

Sharing the platter is a good idea because there's definately enough there to feed a half dozen people. I managed to put a healthy dent in mine, but there was a lot left over. :o

2847965530065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

I can't wait until June when I'll get to dig into another platter myself...err, I guess I'll share mine too. :D

Great review, thanks so much.

we will be on the Glory in feb. cannot wait, we will also be traveling with our 3 DS and now also 2 DIL and youngest son 25 will be bringing a college buddy. we started crusing when they were about 16 wish I had started when they were younger like you did....a great family vacation for all, something for everyone.....

a little disapointed in the change in itenary, since costa maya is out we got an extra sea day, so we only have 3 ports, cozumel, nassau and beleize. thanks again.....i hope when i return from my cruise that i can figure out how to write and post such a great review, thanks again.

Thanks for the review. By far the best review I've ever read and I've read A BUNCH!

Thanks to whomever brought the post back up too because we leave on the Glory in 4 days and it was like being on the ship!

WOOHOOO! Can't wait to leave

Cyndi

• 3 weeks later...

after reading this excellent review I still have until april of 09 to wait to experience these same things. What absolutly beautiful pictures. These are by far the best pics and views of the Glory that I have seen. Thank you so much for the pics of the tender boats. I was curious about that. Love the formal night shots and the dinner shots, helps to give me an idea of what to wear. We will be taking our 2 DD's on the Glory which will be their first cruise. They will be be 15 & 11 when we leave. :)

Archived