NYC transfers to port in Brooklyn

PsychDoc

We have travelled many, many times out of south Florida ports but never out of New York. Two questions please from you experienced Brooklyn port travelers:

Which airport is easiest to fly into and then get to the port on the same day? And, what would be your recommendation for transfer from JFK or LaGuardia to the port (cruise line quoting $39 pp current prices), but this is for May of 2008.

Thanks!

JFK or LGA are fine depending on which fare is cheaper.

A Cab from LGA to the Brooklyn Cruise terminal should run under $35.00 per cab and take without traffic 20 minutes or so.

BQE to Atlantic Avenue make a left at the end of the exit and then the first right(these are different directions than you will get from the website)

Have the directions with you as many cab drivers don't know how to get there.

JFK should take a little longer depending on traffic and will cost more as well depending how the cab driver goes its will run $45-$60.00

three ways

1. Via the Van wyck to LIE to BQE following directions above most direct( by highway) without traffic about $50.00

2. Belt Parkway to Gowanus expressway to Hamilton Ave exit fastest without traffic but longest in mileage about $60.00 45 minutes

3. Belt Parkway to N COnduit Ave to Atlantic Avenue to its end make the left and then the first right. Most direct least expensive way about $45.00

but takes an hour(even during rush hour) its on the street with lights.

Personally from JFK I always use a car service as you get a fixed rate and don't worry about which way to go. I use Arecibo car service least expensive and knows the area. 1718 783 6465 I think

Archived