Can I bring my hiking stick?

JayDeeJay

Lots of people use canes onboard.

I sailed with my parents in March and both of them were mobility impaired...Mama post foot surgery with a walker and Papa with neuropathy that developed after his chemo that caused him to need a cane.

You can bring it, and use it...provided it has no hidden firearm or sword in it and you're not using it to smuggle alcoholic beverages or jeans for the dining room, and you don't flail the other passengers with it.

sorry stir crazy, but i agree w/ brenda. OP is not asking about a cane, but rather a stick. i'm not sure there's any rhyme or reason to prohibited items sometimes. we got a notice saying no toy firearms or weapons of any kind were allowed to be brought back onto the ship as souveniers. went to pirate museum, cldn't buy them -- even the lady at the counter knew about the prohibition on CCL. yet, i've read threads where people take pocket knives, corkscrews, etc., all the time. now, tell me that makes sense?

I see lots of people who have bought walking sticks on the Islands bring them on board.

The worst that could happen would be, Carnival would hold it for you until you needed it to go on shore, much like they do for dive knives.

Yes, I agree..seen lots and lots of huge walking sticks brought onboard and bought on the islands.

To the OP, many of the hiking excursions provide walking sticks, so you might want to check into that.

sorry stir crazy, but i agree w/ brenda. OP is not asking about a cane, but rather a stick. i'm not sure there's any rhyme or reason to prohibited items sometimes. we got a notice saying no toy firearms or weapons of any kind were allowed to be brought back onto the ship as souveniers. went to pirate museum, cldn't buy them -- even the lady at the counter knew about the prohibition on CCL. yet, i've read threads where people take pocket knives, corkscrews, etc., all the time. now, tell me that makes sense?

Maybe the OP will come back and describe this "stick" for us. If it's a 4' or 5' long piece of wood, then probably it's best left home and a cane purchased to aid in mobility.

My Dad calls his cane a "stick", so I assumed (I know...I made an "ass" out of u and me...LOL!) OP meant a cane.

Sorry!

OP...come back and describe your "stick"!! :D

Archived