Pride of Hawaii cabin 11650

hcs81m

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded from an oceanview to a minisuite cabin (11650). My travel agent initially advised the new cabin is mid-ship, but when we looked at it on the deck map it appears to be an aft balcony. This room is also labeled as an "handicapped accessible room"

1. Can anyone share their experiences with an aft-balcony room (view, balcony size, etc)

2. What does it mean when it says the room is "handicapped accessible", does this changes the layout, or size of the cabin?

Thanks for your assistance.

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded from an oceanview to a minisuite cabin (11650). My travel agent initially advised the new cabin is mid-ship, but when we looked at it on the deck map it appears to be an aft balcony. This room is also labeled as an "handicapped accessible room"

1. Can anyone share their experiences with an aft-balcony room (view, balcony size, etc)

2. What does it mean when it says the room is "handicapped accessible", does this changes the layout, or size of the cabin?

Thanks for your assistance.

Time for a new TA. The good ones tell you where the cabin is, the lazy ones just tell you everything is "mid-ship" cuz someone told them thats the right answer. Apparently many TA's are convinced that "mid ship" means the dry part. It's not only aft, its on the port edge, near the top. You couldnt get any farther from midship and stay dry. I wont ask how long it took you to find that stateroom on a deck plan, but I would ask why you would pay good money to someone who would not spend that much time getting information for you.

And, yes, an accessible cabin will be a bit larger, but most of that will be taken up by a larger bathroom with a barrier-free shower, which will keep your bathroom floor pretty wet most of the time. It will also likely contain less furniture (to allow a wheelchair more space), and in all likelyhood a ramp to the balcony making its effective size smaller.

In short, if you dont need it, you probably dont want it.

You will probably get flamed for taking an accessible cabin, instead of leaving it for someone who needs it. I wont bother, because you obviously did not do so on purpose, and if you are sailing soon, and it's still available, I dont have a problem with the cruise line selling it.

I dont know how far you are from your sailing date, but you might want to think about calling back and seeing if other mini-suites are available. A regular mini-suite will probably server you better, for the reasons stated above. Many people deliberately take accessible cabins when they dont need them, thinking all that extra space is great, but from experience I can tell you there are downsides.

You will probably get flamed for taking an accessible cabin, instead of leaving it for someone who needs it. I wont bother, because you obviously did not do so on purpose, and if you are sailing soon, and it's still available, I dont have a problem with the cruise line selling it.

I guess I should also add we are less than a month away from the sail date, and I am traveling with my elderly mother and my sister. Do these mini suites have pull out couches?

I guess I should also add we are less than a month away from the sail date, and I am traveling with my elderly mother and my sister. Do these mini suites have pull out couches?

there, see... a month away, they might as well sell them.

I dont know about the pull out couches, but your mother might appreciate the bathroom layout.

Archived