Kmanderscheid

Kelley,

I watched part of your wedding through the webcam and let me tell you, you looked great!! I am getting married July 4, 2005 on the Caribbean Princess in the chapel and I was wondering from your point of view what it was like? What extras did you get? Were they worth it? Also, I was wondering if I could see your pictures? Did you have a list of must takes? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on your big day!!!

Thank you,

Shari:p

I was also wondering about the music selections given on the Order of Ceremony. Which did you choose for the Processional, Ceremonial and Recessional? If you didn't choose one and added your own, what was it? Did you have to provide the music or were they able to do it? If you could let me know this would be greatly appreciated. Hope the Wedding and Honeymoon went well...

Hope to talk to you soon,

Shari:p

• 2 weeks later...

We had a great time on the cruise and a wonderful wedding. It was not perfect, but I have never been to a wedding that was! It was not stressful and I had most everything that I wanted.

The chapel is very, very small. We had 20 people with us and it was very full. I was a little disappointed by the size, but it really worked out just fine. It was also warm in there, so I would suggest that someone be there a little early and ask for the AC to be on full blast!

Our photographer was wonderful! Her name is Kathleen. She is one of the managers for the Caribbean Princess photo area. We purchased 2 additional hours of photograhy and were very happy with the pictures. She took 375 digital pictures. Which meant that she could make some B&Ws and enhance some of the pictures. She took us up to the Bridge, which is where 2 of our favorite pictures were taken. We met with Kathleen on Tuesday evening and she gave us our pictures. We had to decide what pictures/package we wanted by Thursday evening. We choose 38 pictures our of the 375--that was really hard. We did the biggest package with the CD + pictures and are very happy with the results. I wanted our pictures done in matte finish and she was able to do this while we were on the ship. Someone at work was married the weekend before us and they will not even get the proofs until September. It was great to walk off the ship on Saturday morning with a wonderful wedding album full of great pictures.

The Captain was very nice, but we had to listen very carefully to him in order to understand our vows. He did forget to do the last piece, a blessing, that I wanted him to say, but I was the only one that realized that it happened.

We had some difficutlies with our flowers. The mini calla lillies that I ordered, did not get onto the ship, After a few tear--my only meltdown of the week, I substituted white lillies and orchids to go with the roses. The bouquet was beautiful. The florists did an awesome job!

We also had a cake/toast reception. The cake was awesome. We requested no alcohol added, because other people had said those cakes were terrible. We also had some people with us that could not drink. It tasted very good and looked wonderful.

I will be happy to answer any questions that you have and send some pictures and any lists that I have gathered! Just send me an email at my new email below...

I have a list of must take pictures that I sent ahead of time and had some music that I did want the pianist play. To be perfectly honest, I could not even remember what was played until I watched the video that we made during the ceremony. The pianist was not the best, that was probably the area that could have used some improvement. We had a program made-up to match our announcements/invitations that were sent. By the way, we sent our announcement out about a week before we left on the cruise with the information on the back of it telling friends/family how to log onto Princess.com and watch the ceremony. I have no idea how many people watched, but it was alot.

I worked with Alba and she did the coordination. She was very good. Sometimes a little slower getting back to me, but phone contact was much better than email. I would suggest using the phone method.

I would also bring a file of your must take pictures with you on the ship, on your carry-on, because you will meet with the wedding coordinator right away. I brought the pictures of flowers and photos that I wanted. It was a good reference.

I am so happy that you enjoyed watching our wedding!

Kelley Manderscheid Dickerson

kelleydickerson@hotmail.com

Sorry I forgot something else....... What did you do to get ready for the day? I was looking at the manicure, pedicure and hair up with flowers. If you got any of these how much did it cost?

With your flowers, did it cost anything extra to add lillies? I know they say the standard rose bouquet, but like you I wanted alittle something extra.

I have more questions, but I will email them to you if that is o.k?

Thanks again,

Shari

• 3 weeks later...

Archived