Liberty Club O2 Activities

nybumpkin

I came across my son's Club O2 schedule from our February 8-day Western cruise and figured I'd post it to give an idea of what Club O2 does.

Fort Lauderdale:

7:30 pm: Club O2 Rollout (meet Club director, get a caper)

8:00 pm: Chill out

9:00 pm: Welcome Aboard Party

10:30 pm: Welcome Aboard Show (main show for all passengers)

Fun Day at Sea:

1:00 pm: Shout Out About Movies

2:00 pm: Battle of the Sexes

2:30 pm: Random Afternoon Fun

3:30 pm: Teen Taboo

4:00 pm: Guitar Hero Tournament

9:30 pm: Teen Nightclub

Costa Maya:

8:00 pm: Xbox 360/PS2 Time

10:00 pm: Carnival Fun Hop

11:30 pm: Colors Deck Party (party for all passengers)

Fun Day at Sea:

1:00 pm: Scene It

2:30 pm: "Liberty" Win, Lose or Draw

3:00 pm: Name That Tune

4:00 pm: Family Feud

4:30 pm: Dress the Contestant (scavenger hunt)

10:00 pm: Poker and a Movie

Limon:

8:00 pm: Movies Under the Stars (reserved teen section)

10:00 pm: Rock ONLY Night

Colon:

5:00 pm: Dodge Ball

9:00 pm: Egyptian Rat/BS

10:00 pm: All Request Nightclub

Fun Day at Sea:

1:00 pm: Amazing Race

2:00 pm: Truth or Dare Jenga

2:30 pm: Guitar Hero Hour

3:30 pm: Afternoon Karaoke

8:30 pm: Rock Down Broadway (main production show)

10:00 pm: Teen Toga Nightclub

Last Fun Day at Sea:

1:00 pm: Texas Hold Em'

2:00 pm: Music Chill Board Games

3:00 pm: Go Fetch

4:00 pm: Volley Ball Tournament

9:00 pm: The Finale Nightclub

11:30 pm: The After Party

We are booked for Feb 2008. Traveling with two 15 year old girls. Can you give us some insight into how many teens participated in those programs and a rough idea of their ages? DH hates to cruises. Agreed to this cruise due to the itinerary and teen program. Any suggestions you have for us would be wonderful.

We are booked for Feb 2008. Traveling with two 15 year old girls. Can you give us some insight into how many teens participated in those programs and a rough idea of their ages? DH hates to cruises. Agreed to this cruise due to the itinerary and teen program. Any suggestions you have for us would be wonderful.

Asked my son about this one (as the sign outside says, "no smoking, no alcohol, no parents!) Club O2 is for 15-17 YOs, and son thought it was fairly divided among those years. He found similar divisions on Legend and Victory last year. (He's 15, turns 16 in June.) I've noticed different dynamics in Club O2 depending on the port and the time of year. On Liberty in February, there were a lot of kids from New York and Michigan - they all had President's Week vacations. Son thought most of the activities were well attended, although there were some he didn't care to participate in. (He didn't like "Amazing Race," which is a type of photo scavenger hunt. They give you a list of pictures around the ship that you need to get. A lot of kids really do seem to enjoy this one, though - on both Legend and Liberty, I saw a lot of kids participating. Son was embarrassed to see me in a group's photo of a conga line on the Lido deck, courtesy of Amazing Race!) When he wasn't participating in an activity, he was usually hanging out in Club O2 - or getting pizza - or getting ice cream - etc. We hardly saw him.

My DS17 hated the idea of cruising, Just got back from Imagination. I only saw him for shore excursions and formal night cause I made him go. Only thing I found annoying when our room keys were stolen and I needed to give him a new key Parents are not allowed in Club02 even to look for their kids. You can send another kid to look for them (any age) but you can't.

• 1 month later...

Archived