Is my wife over reacting...

maddmaxx

gotta chime in, this thread too good to ignore!

granny upset that maint. main came in under the circumstances described--okay.

5 year old opens door when granny in the shower--lets learn from this one and not repeat.

granny steps out, natural--guess it depends on the granny, but, uh, ahem, a towel might have helped.

maint man enters room w/ 5 year old alone in the stateroom along w/ an adult (unaware of maint man) in shower--not the best judgment. does not sound like a dischargeable offense to me (sayeth the former HR management professional and employment attorney).

wine offered at dinner--open bottle, say thank you, be a grown up.

unable to enjoy cruise--need thicker skin. sorry, need to move on--you had however many days of a disney cruise w/ your grandchild left and no one did anything to granny on any subsequent day--her choice whether to make the day a good one or not. DCL did not ruin her cruise.

wine gave OP the trots--dang, sorry about that.

wants a full refund--pu-leez. nuf said.

they're sorry. no one is making granny cruise w/ DCL ever again if she cannot accept the efforts to apologize.

bottom line--the question was whether she is over reacting--that answer is yes. does not mean she was not justified in being upset. it is a question of degree and proportionality.

which was the first one that popped into my head when I read the OP, but no one asked.

How did the maintenance guy know that the lamp was broken in the first place? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm guessing that the OP or his DW CALLED THE BURSER'S to inform them it was not working and asked to have it fixed!

Then after doing that, OP decides to leave the kid sleeping in the room with granny in the shower to begin his "rum consumption", BEFORE the maintanence crew came to make the repair.:rolleyes:

I've only stayed at theDisney Resort in Orlando. but my experience was that when there was a problem in our room it was only moments before it was dealt with. I am assuming that the same would be true with DCL.

I'm guessing that if you call to have something fixed in your cabin, you should wait until they come and fix it before you leave to begin your "rum consumption", or at least wait for granny to finish her shower!:eek:

If the lamp had not been fixed as requested, then Granny would have had a complaint, anyway. Ask and you shall recieve on Disney. I won't go any further with this as, if you really speak your mind about topics, lifetime banishment is possible! Metrowon

Obviously this maintenance man was too focused on "getting the job done" rather than social edicate. A very ignorant and stupid mistake on his part, but it wasn't something he intended to cause harm. I would probably expect a little more than a bottle of wine, but far less than a free cruise in return. I think your wife is obsessing a little too much about the situation. On her part if it traumatizes you so much to be nude in front of a stranger than I wouldn't come out of the bathroom nude in front of a 5 year old capable of answering doors. It could have easily been another family member or the room stuart if the 5 year old didn't present the situation clearly and they didn't figure out what was going on right away before she came out of the bathroom.

Archived